• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Years Resolutions

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Lyle,

are you going truely vegan or just vegitarian? When I lived in Austin, I knew several vegitarians but only one "vegan". As I understand it, it's a much harder philosophy/lifestyle in that you not only don't eat any meat but can't eat anything where animal "work" was involved such as how bees work to make honey.

No meat (including fish), no eggs, and no dairy (or poop). True Vegan-ism involves not wearing things like leather (who wants my playtime mask?) and so, but I aint going that far. I am not in this to save the planet, but for the health benefits.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I was reading up on this some and found that b12 does not exist in a vegan diet so you need supplements....know how rabbits get b12? They eat their own poo. I think I'd rather have the meat...LOL!

A lot of Vegan approved foods are B12 enriched for this very reason, however it is very much blown out of proportion. I always try and draw the line at eating poop LOL

Here is a great link explaining B12
Vegans and the B12 Deficiency Myth

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
many animals practice coprophagia (act of eating own feces).
that is because the colon produces many vitamins, but they can't be absorbed through the colon walls. So all those healthy vitamins and minerals end up in the feces.
If an animal eats the feces, it usually means that they are not getting enough nutrients in their food

Can i ask why you know this?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
A lot of Vegan approved foods are B12 enriched for this very reason, however it is very much blown out of proportion. I always try and draw the line at eating poop LOL

Here is a great link explaining B12
Vegans and the B12 Deficiency Myth

Wouldn't eating one's own poop technically be against Vegan principals? Since it does include animal work?

...joking...i know vegans don't consider Humans as animals...

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Here's hoping you don't get run over by a bus (with a stomach full of lettuce and tofu crutons). :D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Damn these time zone differences make for hilarious reading sometimes. I've just done my morning check-in
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_th_millan_morningcoffee.gif
to find a full blown discussion extolling the benefits of eating ones own faeces.
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_poopfan.gif

I suppose that begs the question=> raw or cooked?
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_white_laughing.gif

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I'll more than make up for Lyles lack of meat eating as I don't do vegetables. Won't ever see me sit down and eat a plate of beans or brocoli. Like that old commercial "I'm a meatatarian, it's a lifestyle choice".

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Damn these time zone differences make for hilarious reading sometimes. I've just done my morning check-in
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_th_millan_morningcoffee.gif
to find a full blown discussion extolling the benefits of eating ones own faeces.
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_poopfan.gif

I suppose that begs the question=> raw or cooked?
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_white_laughing.gif

Yes! What a great subject to open the computer to while eating breakfast. All these years when I thought some who told me to "Eat s**t!" was being derogative. Now... after reading the great ShotTalk encyclopedia of scientific discussion, I find those folks were just trying to make me healthier!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
So, does this change the saying "Eat sh*t and die" to "Eat sh*t and live"? I don't think I like that as much.

🔥 Latest posts