• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie from Indiana

jcas5o

Birdie Hunter
Feb 28, 2006
Hey! Name's Jami. I'm 30 and live in Indianapolis. I've been playing golf casually since I was a kid, you know, a few rounds a year. It wasn't 'till about 3 years ago I started really getting serious about golf. I've gone from shooting in the 100s to just above/below 90. I'm gonna try lessons this year, see how much that helps.

I hit Ping knock off irons (hoping to get some new fitted irons this year too), TaylorMade R580 driver, Cleveland Steel 3-wood, Callaway 2h Heavenwood hybrid, Cleveland CG10 wedges and a Odyssey White hot 2 ball putter.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Howdy Jami

Some interesting choices for future EQ purchases, I am also fairly new at golfing. Hit 101 last time out, thats my 6th time of keeping score in the last year. Before that I had been about 7 or 8 times over a 10 year span. Am going for 80's by June or July.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Welcome. I think you'll find this forum to be a mix of good advice, humor, and friendly folks. It's well administered. There's no flamers. Spam is well controlled, and the topics range across the board. I've only been part of it for a short while, but already find myself starting each day with a cup of Joe and a post or two.

longiron

May 2, 2005
welcome Jami im also in indy so maybe we could get togther and play a round sometime

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
wlcome to th game and site.
ive played a round of golf in Indiana when i visted my sis.she lives in Muncie.dont rmember the name of the course though as i was with my sis`s ex-brotherinlaw and his chatterbox wife.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Welcome to Shottalk!

Good course for beginners in Indy is Crooked Creek. I played there a few times when I lived in Indy and it is a nice mix of par 3 and par 4 holes and is usually open in the winter (I learned all about the added yardage of the frozen pond bounce at that course.) I can not remember exactly where the course is, but it is on the north side of Indy but not as far north as Carmel.

If you want a great course at a great price (well, it used to be a great course at a great price) try Eagle Creek on the west side of town. If I recall correcty it is off of 56th beyond the Colts training facility. Pete Dye designed the original 18, but I have heard that they have combined the west 9 with the former back nine and built a new 9 to go along with the front nine to create two seperate courses. It very hilly (hilly for Indy that is) and is a real challenge.

Welcome aboard!:)

longiron

May 2, 2005
ualtim said:
Welcome to Shottalk!

Good course for beginners in Indy is Crooked Creek. I played there a few times when I lived in Indy and it is a nice mix of par 3 and par 4 holes and is usually open in the winter (I learned all about the added yardage of the frozen pond bounce at that course.) I can not remember exactly where the course is, but it is on the north side of Indy but not as far north as Carmel.

If you want a great course at a great price (well, it used to be a great course at a great price) try Eagle Creek on the west side of town. If I recall correcty it is off of 56th beyond the Colts training facility. Pete Dye designed the original 18, but I have heard that they have combined the west 9 with the former back nine and built a new 9 to go along with the front nine to create two seperate courses. It very hilly (hilly for Indy that is) and is a real challenge.

Welcome aboard!:)
They did do just that. I hane played what they call the "championchip" course, its hard to get a tee time on weekends. But it is a very nice course.

OP
jcas5o

jcas5o

Birdie Hunter
Feb 28, 2006
Crooked Creek is a great short course. I've played there several times. In fact, my first time out this year (February 1st!) was at Crooked Creek.

My favorite course in the Indy area (of the affordable ones) is Ironwood, in Fishers. I probably played there 20 times last year. They have 3 very different 9 hole courses so u mix it up pretty well each time.

Thanks for the welcomes too everyone.

🔥 Latest posts