• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie Needs Help

CSCman

Sep 28, 2005
Last time I played golf was probably 1999. Went and bought a new set of clubs the other day since I had given my old ones away. Last night went to the driving range. Ripped a hole in my new glove and have a mark still on my left palm. I am a right handed golfer. The mark and hole are probably due to my grip on the club. My grip feels awkward, almost like the club is digging into my left palm some. Anyone experience this before, if so how can it be corrected.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I don't know, but most advise that you grip the club with your fingers, and not your palms. Sounds like you might be gripping with your palms.

But then, Moe Norman, gripped it with his palms. He was also kind of weird.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Like RBB said you are probably gripping with the palm instead of fingers but you are likely gripping the club too tight as well. If you're gripping the club correctly you should'nt have holes there.

I took a long layoff like that and ended up getting a series of lessons. It was money well spent.

🔥 Latest posts