• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newby from Southern Maryland

Nupe2

Feb 11, 2007
Hello:

I'm a newbie to this forum. Looking for an opportunity to shoot the breeze with other addicts and hos. I'm about an 18 handicap and have been playing about 4 years. I'm 53 and trying to pull my game together enough to enjoy retirement on the golf course. My wife is just learning the game and my two Sons (24 and 22...not their names, their ages!) are getting the habit too.
One of the greatest joys I have is playing with them and I'm really looking forward to making this a family affair.

I wish I had started playing a lot sooner but I have a feeling it might have affected my home life during those times the kids were involved in sports and school activities so I guess picking up the game at this stage of my life has been for the best. I think everyone should at least try to play this game if physically able. The great people you meet, the exercise and, to some extent, the life lessons provided by golf are well worth the expense and commitment needed to play well. I think the game gives more than it takes and hopefully I'll be able to pass on the joy of the game to my grandchildren, etc.

It's good to be here and I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning a few things from my fellow golfers!

Cheers!

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Welcome Aboard,

Hope this new sport sticks with you and wife. I like the sense of humor although 22 and 24 might be good names.:laugh: I could go with that. Best of luck and spring is coming

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.