• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newer isn't always better

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
So I've decided to pull out one of my old fairway woods. As much as I like Cobra equipment, I have to say that the best fairway woods ever (in my opinion) are the Callaway War Bird series. I'm pulling my 16.5 degree Strong 4 Cobra SZ for a Callaway 4 (also 16.5). I have always liked the "V" shape of the head as it seems to help rip balls out of the short rough like nothing else. I also like the fact that if I get under the ball a little a skymark won't make a difference since it is a bare metal head.

Anyone else prefer older technology over the newer stuff? Don't get me started on Blades vs. Cavity backs either.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
If anyone on here has an old warbird 3 wood for reasonable, let me know. I've been wanting one. Great club.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My GF has all Warbirds in her bag. I like hitting them.

My first "real" driver was a Warbird. Loved it.

If they made a Warbird with a VFT face, i'd buy one. The smaller heads always have appealed to me. My GBBII is too big, in my opinion.

I wasn't a believer in the big headed woods, but they sure do make a difference. But i'll still carry a place in my heart for the old Warbird. My brother inherited it. I might take it out next week to the range, give it a go....

I could crank that thing off the deck if I needed to....that's what I miss about it, those 585 yard par 5's....

R35

longiron

May 2, 2005
i hit and old TM the other day and man it was sweet. I realy went after one got 130pmh swing and carried 301 on a launch moniter.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
This is just blasphemy, I hope you guys realize it.

Newer is always better than older and more expensive is always better than less expensive. Geez, there are just some things you shouldn't screw with, even in jest. ;)

🔥 Latest posts