• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL: 18 games- a done deal?

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
the Colts prez says it is(a done deal). here, i'll just paste the story from ESPN.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Bill Polian says the 18-game NFL season is a done deal.
During Monday night's weekly radio show, the Indianapolis Colts team president called it a "fait accompli" and said the debate is over. Polian is a member of the league's competition committee and has worked in the league office.
He's concerned that getting rid of two preseason games to expand the regular season from 16 to 18 games will cost coaches and team officials opportunities to evaluate rookies. The solution, Polian says, might be hooking up with nearby teams for combined practices or controlled scrimmages.
League owners and the commissioner have expressed support for an expanded regular-season schedule, but have not said a decision has been made.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm still not sold on this. I think part of what makes the NFL so popular is that it gives us just enough to want more. What's more exciting than opening weekend after watching 3 weeks of pointless pre season? When the 16 game season is over are you glad? No you want more. When the playoffs are over and there is the week between the playoffs and superbowl how do you feel? Bored, maybe a little lost? When the super bowl is over where does that leave you? Watching boring golf (cuz none of the big names are playing) and wondering why the hell they are talking about the friggin' Fed Ex Cup in February!

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
the Colts prez says it is(a done deal). here, i'll just paste the story from ESPN.
i think it should be an even 20,the current amount of games does not cater to the specs of low market teams,i think with 20 games plus an additional 6 pre season this would let the players[more pay], fans[more games to watch], and low market team owners[more money]to sleep a lot better:p

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
nice job, troll boy.
you seem to be in some sort of disarray over the addition of the extra games,the extra games will work it will be a fans delight,look at the cfl they added a couple of games and their market skyrocketed and is very much in the same league as its conterpart the nfl,so relax and enjoy the extra games when and if they do become a reality and are added on to the exsisting formmat

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
hahaha! i need new underwear!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
you seem to be in some sort of disarray over the addition of the extra games,the extra games will work it will be a fans delight,look at the cfl they added a couple of games and their market skyrocketed and is very much in the same league as its conterpart the nfl,so relax and enjoy the extra games when and if they do become a reality and are added on to the exsisting formmat

WTF is your major issue with the use of excessive comma's?????????? Can you not properly form a sentence utlizing punctuation & capitialization correctly?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
WTF is your major issue with the use of excessive comma's?????????? Can you not properly form a sentence utlizing punctuation & capitialization correctly?

i,personally,think,all,spaces,should,be,represented,with,commas

Weird, there is no space between the d and e when i try to edit it, but when it displays, it shows a space there

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
i,personally,think,all,spaces,should,be,represented,with,commas

Weird, there is no space between the d and e when i try to edit it, but when it displays, it shows a space there

I k n o w w h a t y o u a r e t a l k i n g a b o u t . T,h,i,s,d,o,u,c,h,e,b,a,g,n,e,e,d,s,t,o,g,o,a,w,a,y.

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
commas when used in accordance with the derivation of a sentence will give the line and its following lines an easy looking concept that will make the written product much better to not only read the sentence in the right way but also make it into a much more proffesional efficiant overall piece of writing

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
commas when used in accordance with the derivation of a sentence will give the line and its following lines an easy looking concept that will make the written product much better to not only read the sentence in the right way but also make it into a much more proffesional efficiant overall piece of writing

When they're used properly yes. The thing is, you were not using them properly.

This is like saying cars are a very reliable and useful form of transportation. Yes, absolutely they are, but not when you attempt to cross the ocean with them. They officially become an anchor and no longer a reliable and useful form of transportation.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I think the "extended season" is, at best, an inconsequential idea. I think you'll see, on average, two more games per season where teams are resting their good players. In other words, you'll get two more filler-games per season. I really think 16 games is plenty. Adding games just puts those nonsense pre-season games toward the end of the season where the best teams have already clinched their playoff spots.

I also don't like that these kinds of things distort won/loss records. It makes comparing players or teams across generations even more difficult than it is already. Sort of like what adding another major to the golf year would do. Giving players an additional 12-16 majors to contend in through a standard length career makes previous records and achievements too attainable.

Though there is only one Superbowl. That's why I don't really care how many games they want to play. I'd rather watch crappy football than most of what's on television, so I'm going to be dandy either way.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

No punctuation in addition to numerous spelling errors. How about attempting to form & type out one independent coherent thought or opinion?

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
this done deal has yet to surface,i think with the way the cfl has adapted the extra games and have been very successful at using the extra games to their advantage and to the likeness of the fans this is so called done deal would be a win win situation for the league and to the fans who seem to be paying big bucks for a watered down league,cfl all the way

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
this done deal has yet to surface,i think with the way the cfl has adapted the extra games and have been very successful at using the extra games to their advantage and to the likeness of the fans this is so called done deal would be a win win situation for the league and to the fans who seem to be paying big bucks for a watered down league,cfl all the way

STFU moron.

Members online

No members online now.