• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL draft rapidly approaching!!!

OP
Hackin_Away

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Yea i think pack could def use some young talent to replace some guys gettin up there in age. Also, I doubt there will be NO season, lol. Maybe shortened at worst.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
JEFF4i
JEFF4i is offline She lives!
Send a message via AIM to JEFF4i Send a message via Yahoo to JEFF4i

Re: NFL draft rapidly approaching!!!

The draft was designated to happen in the previous CBA.

Also, the Packers even have to draft, believe it or not. How many teams have repeat in history? Don't get arrogant now Packer fans.

But think of all the Packer stars that didn't play in the Super Bowl or most of the year.............best tight end in the league, perrennial 1,000 yard rusher, starting inside LB, and on and on.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
But think of all the Packer stars that didn't play in the Super Bowl or most of the year.............best tight end in the league, perrennial 1,000 yard rusher, starting inside LB, and on and on.

So? Look, the Packers have a lot to be excited about, but there isn't a thing in the world that's guaranteed, least of all repeating a Superbowl.

Their roster is strong, but O-Line still needs some work, and defensive ends could be better. Don't forget you're losing a linebacker too.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
So? Look, the Packers have a lot to be excited about, but there isn't a thing in the world that's guaranteed, least of all repeating a Superbowl.

Their roster is strong, but O-Line still needs some work, and defensive ends could be better. Don't forget you're losing a linebacker too.

Indeed. They have a great Roster, but that doesn't mean they have "everything they need". Just remember they where a game from missing the playoffs last year. They didn't even win their division, which makes them a team which got momentum at the right time and got things sorted out at the moment they needed to do so, which is everything but a warranty they are repeating the same thing all over this season. Bears are improving, Lions are improving, their division is not that easy really, and there is SO much which can happen to change a whole season. Just think, what if Rodgers injures himself in the first game? Wouldn't that bring a 11-5 season to a 7-9 in a second? What would "the complete roster" do then?

Indeed, they are a great candidate for repeating, but until we have the first two-three weeks of the 2011 season, anything said is just supposition. RAvens couldn't win back-to-back with the best defense ever. Saints neither with the most amazing offense. Steelers got cut before the playoffs with a perfectly rounded team next year to their SB win. New England did it, its true, but how easy was it really?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Look at NE, 18-0 against a team they should easily beat. That's the beauty of football.

Not AJ, trends in the water is that Barnett may not return.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised. Where does he fit in now?

Barnett is a solid talent that can find money elsewhere. Look at Fujita.

It doesn't mean that he'll go to a winning team, but he may still leave which leaves a bit of a void for a 3-4. One that can be filled, but still.

Some Packers fans are acting like Saints fans last year.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Barnett is a solid talent that can find money elsewhere. Look at Fujita.

It doesn't mean that he'll go to a winning team, but he may still leave which leaves a bit of a void for a 3-4. One that can be filled, but still.

Some Packers fans are acting like Saints fans last year.

I have thought to myself since about mid season that Barnett would probably be gone. The same way I thought Al Harris would be gone. I mean really... they did it against all odds without him. They'd probably like to keep him, but then somebody would go. How do you bench someone who was actively part of bringing home the trophy in favor of Barnett? Considering what has happened I think it would be entirely fair to make Barnett compete for the starting spot if he decides to stay.

I don't know how Saints fans acted last year...

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
The Packers did not pay Bishop in order to pay Barnett, too. While a guy that certainly made a lot of tackles, Barnett was not a play maker. Bishop blows guys up. Doesn't mean they won't look to add some LB depth in the draft, and they need too, but I would be very surprised if they paid/kept Barnett.

LB, DE, CB, and WR. They need depth at all four. Even WR as DD is winding down and it remains to be seen if James will be back.

Kevin

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Saints fans acted as if the next year was just a matter of meeting your potential. Trust me, potential isn't everything. Collective teams considering injury and talent had more going for them than the Packers and lost.

And yet the Packers won. You are so arrogant with one Super Bowl win to think that you can overcome the same hurdles? Hehe. Again, possible, even at that, unlikely.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Saints fans acted as if the next year was just a matter of meeting your potential. Trust me, potential isn't everything. Collective teams considering injury and talent had more going for them than the Packers and lost.

And yet the Packers won. You are so arrogant with one Super Bowl win to think that you can overcome the same hurdles? Hehe. Again, possible, even at that, unlikely.

Who's being arrogant? I agree the Packers can't rest on their laurels, and I think it's clear Thompson will always be looking to improve the team.

But if Rodgers stays upright they are going to be very, very hard to beat. He destroyed the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Kevin

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I hope I didn't seem arrogant either because all I was saying is that Barnett is not the end all. I honestly believe the LB core was better without him this past year. The beauty in guys like Bishop and Peprah(safety) is they are still humble.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You think any team not named the Panthers isn't very, very hard to beat? Rodgers has thrown like crap before too, believe it or not.

This is one super bowl. You'd think we were talking about the Packers before the merger. Steelers and Colts aren't dynasties right now, and we've been in 5 of 6 last Super Bowls. It's tough man, and you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's good to be confident, but losing regardless of how talented you are is 100 times easier than winning. :p

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
You think any team not named the Panthers isn't very, very hard to beat? Rodgers has thrown like crap before too, believe it or not.

This is one super bowl. You'd think we were talking about the Packers before the merger. Steelers and Colts aren't dynasties right now, and we've been in 5 of 6 last Super Bowls. It's tough man, and you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's good to be confident, but losing regardless of how talented you are is 100 times easier than winning. :p

Don't mean to be rude man, but what are you smoking? I don't remember ever eluding to the Pack as a dynasty. What do the Panthers have to do with anything? Believe me, i'm a realist. I don't take anything at all as a given in the current day NFL. Anyone who does is a fool. I was just simply stating that the Pack will not fall to pieces without Barnett.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.