• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL draft

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I didnt get to watch....WAY too busy killing nazi zombies on xbox360 and watching golf....oh yeah, and demoing the basement....what fun! Gotta love that hunnydo list

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I'm excited about what the Pack did. I think time will eventually tell that Ted did a pretty good job. I'd rather have him than the bears gm.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I didn't watch it either. But it looks like the Colts shored up their defense some, and drafted another running back and a 3rd string QB. Talk about a cushy job, Peyton never misses a game, sit on the bench and draw a nice paycheck. I'll take that job.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I am happy that the Jets got Sanchez... hopefully he'll be able to see some action this year.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I am happy with what the Pats did. Picked up a few 2nd round picks for 2010, addressed their real weakness rather than the supposed weakness the "experts" on the draft coverage thought they needed to address by picking up some excellent DB's, and got rid of Hobbs for two more picks. Hobbs had a good run in NE, but was exposed as a not so good man to man cover guy last year with Harrison out of the line up and needed to go.

The shored up secondary should allow the Pats to make a run at another title.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
For purely selfish reasons I was hoping the Packers would take Crabtree but think they did a good job for what they really need.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Packers, with the addition of Rajig, will have a 1100 lb defensive line. That's with only three guys. There will be more Burger King commercials. Gilbert Brown X 3.

I think both Pack and Patriots won mutually on the trade for 29th spot. Pack get good OLB Clay Matthews and Patriots more late round choices.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I was switching back & forth watching this. Thing that got me was some of the kids like Crabtree sitting there all decked out like some sort of pimp. Pink shirt, huge diamonds in both ears & a massive bling bling watch. I sorta enjoyed watching him squirm.

Thought it was funny though when one of the reporters said one of Crabtrees family members actually had a big sigh of relief when Oakland passed him up.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Thought it was funny though when one of the reporters said one of Crabtrees family members actually had a big sigh of relief when Oakland passed him up.

Oakland is where 1st round draft picks go to kill their career. Al Davis has lost it, its time to let someone else make the football decisions on that team. They have a top 10 draft pick almost every year as they simply suck.

I would be happy, too, to go to the 49'ers rather than across the bay to Oakland.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Looking back the past 4 years, Al Davis has sucked on Day One picks. His 3rd to 7th has landed some starters and productive players... but his selections of Huff, Gallery, Gibson, N. Harris were whiffs, his trade of Moss for a 4th rounder was a joke, (McFadden and Jamarcus too early to tell), and yet the Raiders still have enough talent to win games.. if only they had the proper coaches, which Al wont do. IMO, it has never been about talent on the field, but coaching and being salary cap savvy.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Well, we didn't have a lot to do with the draft after Cutler's signing, but I think there was some good stuff done with what was available. I'm afraid about the WR issue anyway, there is still a lot to be done in such position. If the Bears just did one more effort and went for Boldin..... gosh, that would take us ANYWHERE we wanted to....

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Looking back the past 4 years, Al Davis has sucked on Day One picks. His 3rd to 7th has landed some starters and productive players... but his selections of Huff, Gallery, Gibson, N. Harris were whiffs, his trade of Moss for a 4th rounder was a joke, (McFadden and Jamarcus too early to tell), and yet the Raiders still have enough talent to win games.. if only they had the proper coaches, which Al wont do. IMO, it has never been about talent on the field, but coaching and being salary cap savvy.

Al won't hire a big time coach because he doesn't want them to get any credit for the team. His ego took some blows when the likes of Shanahan and Gruden took a lot of credit for the team's successes which is why we have seen a string of unknowns coaching the Raiders over the last several years. Al was great in his day, but his day is past. Its time to let someone else run the show in Oakland if they ever want to contend for the playoffs again.

I am not a Raider fan, but it would sure be nice to see some life in that team so that San Diego and Denver have some sort of competition in that division. KC is probably a few drafts away from challenging in that division, and Oakland is probably further away until Al Davis hands over the reins to someone who understands the modern game.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.