• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL Playoff Pick'Em

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Last year I had a website for picking the playoff winners. Then I realized, why? I can just do it here. I also offered a trophy to the winner from me...except I won. Doh!

Anyway, this is open to anyone and everyone, pick the playoff winners, and the scores. The scores are for tie-breakers, you get 1 point of being within 3 points of the actual score for each team respectively, and 1 point of guessing the discrepancy correctly. Any posts showing edited later than the Friday of that playoff week will be DQed. So you can change it, but those times show. :thumbs up:

Wild Card Round:

Baltimore @ New England: 27-17, Baltimore Win.

New England's offense is in a pinch without Wes Welker, and while I think that they are still a difficult team, the combo of Baltimore's 2 running backs, McClain at fullback, and Flacco throwing better is the recipe for success. Ray Rice will be the key in this one.

New York @ Cincinnati: 23-13. Cincinatti

Philly @ Dallas: 30-27 Dallas

Green Bay @ Arizona: 24-10 Green Bay

This is just getting eerie. I mean, thank goodness for the Baltimore game, at least we have on switch from last weekend. I pick Green Bay here, that 33-7 win convinced me that they just have it on the offense. Such a tough team that can pound the ball the way they do will be difficult to stop. The Steelers couldn't stop them, and only pulled a win off of a ballsy play by Tomlin. They've won 7 of their last 8 and Arizona is more streaky than my underwear. Control control control, the mantra and expected results from the Pack.

Interesting Notes:

The AFC should thank the Texans and Ravens for keeping the Steelers out. Had to plug that, lol.

Green Bay has scored 165 points in their last 5 games, but only allowed 82, nearly half of that coming from Pittsburgh. Only in one of their 16 games did Green Bay score under 20 points. (17-7 W over Dallas)

The Cowboys are dubbed the team to beat in the NFC, but does anyone expect them to win 3 in a row just to get to the Superbowl?

The last time Baltimore rushed for under 100 in a game Joe Flacco threw a 152 QB rating.

The Jets have the #1 Ranked Rushing Offense, and #1 Ranked Defense. The Bengals have the 22nd ranked offense, but #9 ranked rush defense. How will those numbers match up this week?

Changed 2 games at the last moment. I have a feeling the Bengals will actually come out this time, and Dallas will be the status quo team from week 17-Wild Card.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Wild Card Round:

Baltimore @ New England: 17-20, New England Win.

New York @ Cincinnati: 10-17. Cincinnati Win

Philly @ Dallas: 17-27 Dallas Win (this pick goes against my morals and heart, but the Eagles just aren't going the way they should)

Green Bay @ Arizona: Arizona Win 17-20

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Baltimore @ New England: 14 - 17 , New England wins

New York @ Cincinnati: 10 - 24, Cinci

Philly @ Dallas: 27 - 17, Philly

Green Bay @ Arizona: 28 - 17, Green Bay

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Baltimore V New England - 23 - 17 New Engalnd

New York V Cincinnati - 23 - 8 New York

Philly V Dallas - 27-24 Dallas

Green Bay V Arizona - 24 - 13 Green Bay

And if I get 'em all wrong, what the hell do I know about American football anyway???? :cool: :cool:

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
N.Y. Jets 23 Jets win
Cincinnati 14

Philadelphia 20 Philly wins
Dallas 17

Baltimore 14
New England 21 Pats win

Green Bay 28 GB wins
Arizona 24

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I guess we all got the Arizona-Green Bay 45-45 reg. time score didn't we? :D

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The best of us only did 2-2, it was a crazy weekend. I stand by my Packers pick, but shoulda stuck it out with the Jets.

For this weekend...

27-23 Vikings Win Over Dallas

24-13 Saints over Cards (Yes, I think the Saints will shut down Warner)

23-10 Chargers over Jets

20-14 Ravens over Colts (I'm pullin for the Ravens here)

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
23-17 Dallas over Vikings.

30-27 Saints over Cards

30-14 Chargers over Jets

21-14 Colts over Ravens

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Alright! 2 correct and a bonus point for being close to New York's score! lets see what else I can guess....

Cowboys V Vikings 30 - 24 Dallas, cos they're my boys.

Saints V Cards - 27 - 23 Cardinals (going for a bit of an upset, Saints are on a slide)

Chargers V Jets 34 - 17 Chargers in the shellacking of the round

Colts V Ravens 23 - 17 Colts

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Vikings over the Cowboys, 23-14

Saints over the Cards, 38-27

Chargers over the Jets, 21-14

Colts over the Ravens, 21-17

🔥 Latest posts