• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL Playoff Thread

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm not giving a prediction, as it always backfires on me.

I'll just say this - Edmonton has been my favorite team since I was 3. :D

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I have Staal, Williams, Kaberle and Horcoff still going in my pool, and I'm already up 20pts, so it doesn't matter to me who wins. I'm hoping for EDM tho :D

Has it really been 13 years since a Canadian team won the cup?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
93 Montreal.

Here's a stat for you. In the last 20 years, a team from Alberta has been in the final 10 times. That's pretty crazy.

I have Ryan Smyth left. I had Afinigenov, Briere and Drury, but they lost too many D-men and couldn't hold the fort. Sucks, cuz I would had it wrapped up.

I need an EDM sweep with two shutouts to MAYBE have a chance at winning my pool.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
93 Montreal.

Here's a stat for you. In the last 20 years, a team from Alberta has been in the final 10 times. That's pretty crazy.

I have Ryan Smyth left. I had Afinigenov, Briere and Drury, but they lost too many D-men and couldn't hold the fort. Sucks, cuz I would had it wrapped up.

I need an EDM sweep with two shutouts to MAYBE have a chance at winning my pool.

R35

I had 3rd pick in our draft and grabbed Staal. I had planned to go with NJ devils if I had a lower pick, but since the first 2 picks chose Wings and Sens, I switched course and jumped on the Canes bandwagon. I was a little gun shy since I thought their goaltending was suspect. (turned out I was right and Ward has saved them - and me LOL)

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
ill have to go with Edmonton since they have 1 of the 2 best Bruins on there team.

what to hell were they thinking first Jumbo Joe then Samsonov.there were 2 brilliant moves NOT.no wonder there a new GM in town.

OP
Big Brother Dunk

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Looks like the Oilers are toast. The loss of Roloson will probably be too much to overcome.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yep. The Oilers are just the Oilers without a HOT Rollie.

They're done. Tonight was the last game I'm watching this series. Poor coaching all year and playoffs, terrible execution and lacklustre defense (save, Pronger and Staois) have gotten the best of me. They've been the same team all year, squeaked into the playoffs and now lost the only reason that they are in the cup final.

Without Roloson being hot, they lose to Detroit in 5.

Game over, and the cup will be handed to Carolina on Edmonton ice.

How f*cking great is that.

Rant over. Season Over.

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Rock, I think the 2 year old that lives upstairs is almost done with her soother, do you want me to send it to you?

I have your address...

:D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Silver said:
Rock, I think the 2 year old that lives upstairs is almost done with her soother, do you want me to send it to you?

I have your address...

:D

Send the 2 year old to Edmonton, new head coach...

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
LOL - luckily for me my team is out, so I don't fall into the pessimism that so many die hards fall into when their team is in tough. I can understand it though. 89 vs Calgary ruined me for a few weeks LOL

NBGolfer

Dec 1, 2005
Rockford35 said:
Yep. The Oilers are just the Oilers without a HOT Rollie.

They're done. Tonight was the last game I'm watching this series. Poor coaching all year and playoffs, terrible execution and lacklustre defense (save, Pronger and Staois) have gotten the best of me. They've been the same team all year, squeaked into the playoffs and now lost the only reason that they are in the cup final.

Without Roloson being hot, they lose to Detroit in 5.

Game over, and the cup will be handed to Carolina on Edmonton ice.

How f*cking great is that.

Rant over. Season Over.

R35

Wow, you jumped off the wagon a little early.

LET's GO OILERS!!!!
Game 7 tonight!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
NBGolfer said:
Wow, you jumped off the wagon a little early.

LET's GO OILERS!!!!
Game 7 tonight!

Wagon? I'm no bandwagon jumper. In fact, if you knew me, you'd know why I'm insulted by that comment. I'm still a fan. There's nothing wrong with criticism. I was (and still am) disappointed in the absolute lacklustre performance of the team for 2 straight games in games 4 and 5.

Maybe my bitching was read by the team and they made the appropriate changes, ever though of that? :D

My jersey still hangs in my office. Win or lose, disappointed or elated, I'm still a fan.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:

Rockford35 said:
I'm still a fan. There's nothing wrong with criticism. I was (and still am) disappointed in the absolute lacklustre performance of the team for 2 straight games in games 4 and 5.

?????

I thought you were done watching :D

OP
Big Brother Dunk

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
It seems that Carolina may be out of gas.

In any event, it should be a helluva game tonight. If the 'Canes don't come out flying, they don't deserve to win.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
VtDivot said:
?????

I thought you were done watching :D

I was, but I get drawn back. Maybe it was like a self mutilation thing. Like cutting myself for fun.

They made a series of it, which is exciting. I'll eat a bit of crow here - I guess that's why they play all the games.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.