• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
If Sidney Crosby isnt the greasiest looking weasel in the NHL I dont know who is. Man he makes my skin crawl. I dont think I have ever seen a player throw more shitty blind passes than this guy. Yes, he is quite good, but he is no where near what they make him out to be. I would take Malkin, Ovechkin, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, any day over Crosby.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
If Sidney Crosby isnt the greasiest looking weasel in the NHL I dont know who is. Man he makes my skin crawl. I dont think I have ever seen a player throw more shitty blind passes than this guy. Yes, he is quite good, but he is no where near what they make him out to be. I would take Malkin, Ovechkin, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, any day over Crosby.
Malkin does inhuman things on the ice. That no-look backhand he beat Ward with looked completely effortless, like he knew it was in before he took the shot. Wife and I sat there in total disbelief when he took that one.

Crosby's good, but he's no Malkin.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Malkin does inhuman things on the ice. That no-look backhand he beat Ward with looked completely effortless, like he knew it was in before he took the shot. Wife and I sat there in total disbelief when he took that one.

Crosby's good, but he's no Malkin.

Yes, and the 10 no look backhands that get intercepted everynight look effortless as well.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
It's really obvious that the Wings PP is missing Datsyuk now.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
It's really obvious that the Wings PP is missing Datsyuk now.

Doesn't mean much. If I learned anything from football, and it is only more true for hockey, depth of the bench is as important as nearly anything.

Oh, and ole 71 is my favorite player anyway. Go Malkin.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Doesn't mean much..

The dude is up for the Hart trophy... doesn't mean much? It would be like the Pens without Malkin. You have seen "the goal" right? #13 is insane, no two ways about it

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The dude is up for the Hart trophy... doesn't mean much? It would be like the Pens without Malkin. You have seen "the goal" right? #13 is insane, no two ways about it

Of course I have, but no team should be about one player, ever. Yes, it happens, but it shouldn't. *shrug*

Obviously the Red Wings aren't, as they've still done well, but you can't really say anything would be any different with him out there.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Of course I have, but no team should be about one player, ever. Yes, it happens, but it shouldn't. *shrug*

Obviously the Red Wings aren't, as they've still done well, but you can't really say anything would be any different with him out there.

Hate to tell you Jeff, but the Pens are about 2 players.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hate to tell you Jeff, but the Pens are about 2 players.

Because Gonchar, Fleury, Staal, Orpik, and Talbot are playing like crap. :p

Similar to the Wings, they have some better, but they could live without Osgood and the like.

All I'm saying, is a team that plays noticeably worse without one player, is fundamentally a poor team. Before you say anything, I do not feel that the Red Wings are this, but if what you say is true, that the Wings are sucking at the penalty kill (which, by the numbers, especially in the last two games, it is weak), then they are a poor team in that regard.

Kind of like, prior to last night, the Penguins were stinking in the 2nd period.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Tonight was the men playing the little boys. When the Wings come to play the Pens are clearly under matched.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Tonight was the men playing the little boys. When the Wings come to play the Pens are clearly under matched.

So true dude, that was awful.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What was that Rock? Huh?

Just postponing the inevitable.

If the refs called penalties consistently in game 4, we're watching the Wings hoist Stanley all week this week.

The Pens have nothing beyond Malkin and Crosby. And I'm right in the same boat as Lyle, Crosby might be able to pull it off from time to time, but 75% of the time he's a liability and worthless.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.