• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Niblick Length/Lie, Should I adjust it?

myndcraft

Sunset Beach Golf Co.
Aug 29, 2007
So the niblick is supposed to set up more upright to promote a putter like swing right? But you are also able to make a full swing at around 9 iron or PW distance as well right?

So if you were going to adjust the length/lie would you adjust like you do with your putter or your irons/wedges?

The reason I ask is that my irons are 2* upright & standard length while my putters are at 70* (2* flat) and cut down to 32.5" in length.

I'm open to thoughts from anyone, but particularly from those who use a niblick.

Cheers!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
But you are also able to make a full swing at around 9 iron or PW distance as well right?
It would seem to me that if you intend to use the club for full swings, you would want the lie fitted to be similar to that of your similar length club, or make sure it is a flat lie. Otherwise you are going to get some unpredictable results on the direction the ball will go.

Although I think you would likely almost need to fit yourself accordingly, because I would guess with the weight of the head you may get a bit more "Toe Droop" on the shaft. (This assuming it weighs more, have never used one)

If you bend it to 70* like your putter and then hit full shots, I am guessing you are going to pull the ball a lot.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I have no idea, but I've looked at them in stores and wondered the same thing. How can you take a full swing with this thing? :confused:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
My wise advise would be to never ever buy anything like that again in your entire life :D

bryguy

May 15, 2008
I gamed one for awhlie this spring. I never had it adjusted. I used it a couple of times full swing from about 120 yds or so, and it worked ok. I dumped mine to add a more versatile club. YMMV.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.