• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nice Community You Have Here

A

Addicted2Golf

Greetings from the Windy City. I have been lurking for the past week and decided to join. I used to be active on GolfWRX for years and its still a great forum, but I don't game blades with X Flex shafts and hit monster drives 330 yards and therefore I've never felt quite at home there. I do post on the Rankmark forum from time to time.

I'm also the founder of a golf blog called (you guessed it) Addicted2Golf and we do equipment reviews, golf tips, and commentary. You can also find me on Twitter under the same handle. I'm not here to promote the site, but thought I would mention it in the spirit of full disclosure. :cool:

Other than being a writer in the golf blogosphere, I don't work in the golf industry as my day job. I'm a software development manager for a major telecommunications equipment manufacturer. Golf is just my passion and hobby.

Anyway, just thought I would say "hi". I'm looking forward to hanging out here in the future and talking golf.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Welcome to Shot Talk. For the most part we're a pretty laid back bunch. Just keep and sheep you may own hidden, and don't bad mouth the Packers or the Steelers and you'll do fine, :biggrin:

OP
A

Addicted2Golf

Welcome to Shot Talk. For the most part we're a pretty laid back bunch. Just keep and sheep you may own hidden, and don't bad mouth the Packers or the Steelers and you'll do fine, :biggrin:

My compliments on your avatar sir.

Being a Bears fan, it might be hard to keep my mouth shut about the Packers (and their perpetually scared Wisconsin sheep). But I will give the Steelers their props since I'm originally from PA and went to High School there.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Bears fan? I'm so sorry for you..

Welcome to Shottalk! Although i despise the city you live in, i won't hold that against you.

Wisconsinite here(there are more than a few of us here for some reason), and not too far from Chicago actually.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm not a Steelers fan myself, but we have at least one rabid one on here. I'm a Colts and Saints fan, so I'm in hog heaven right now.

OP
A

Addicted2Golf

Bears fan? I'm so sorry for you..

Welcome to Shottalk! Although i despise the city you live in, i won't hold that against you.

Wisconsinite here(there are more than a few of us here for some reason), and not too far from Chicago actually.

LOL. Well, I've only lived here for a few years and there are some things I despise about Chicago, but that is probably true with any city. Before coming to the Midwest, I lived in the Phoenix area for 17 years and I'm still getting used to the culture shock of not living on the left coast.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
LOL. Well, I've only lived here for a few years and there are some things I despise about Chicago, but that is probably true with any city. Before coming to the Midwest, I lived in the Phoenix area for 17 years and I'm still getting used to the culture shock of not living on the left coast.

I don't know if you drive down-town at all, but i was down there a couple of times and it confused the living hell out of me. There are traffic lights working, yet there are also police on the ground directing traffic. They stopped me at a green light, waved me through a red light, so i assumed that when he stopped me at a red light, when the red light turned green i would just stay there and listen to the traffic cop....well, that pissed off about 350 Chicagoan behind me who were about ready to draw and quarter me for holding up their commute home...

Left turn lanes were blocked off to get to where i needed to be, i ended up going all over hells creation to get to where i needed to be...

Us Wisconsinites usually get together and play a decent course sometime during the summer, maybe you could make it up and meet a few of us.

Phana24JG

Phana24JG
Nov 10, 2009
My compliments on your avatar sir.

Being a Bears fan, it might be hard to keep my mouth shut about the Packers (and their perpetually scared Wisconsin sheep). But I will give the Steelers their props since I'm originally from PA and went to High School there.

Sept 13 Green Bay 21 Chicago 15

Dec 13 Green Bay 21 Chicago 14

The defense rests.

🔥 Latest posts