• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nice Course Thread

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Since alot of us travel and want to play golf where ever we go, I think it would be usefull to have a nice golf course thread. Courses that you would recomend other golfers to play.

Since there is only so many courses in Nova Scotia I have two that are a must to play when visiting.

1.) Highlands Links - Expensive and out of the way but you will love this course. I usually shoot high 70's there and I am a decent golfer. This course isn't all that long either. It is 6592 from the backs but still has a course rating of 141.
My favorite hole is number 8 called Cabers Toss. You can either hit a 7 iron or out there 160 and leave 140 straight down hill 2nd shot with a cliff over the back of the green or you can try to driver the narrow 300 yard down hill hole. Since it is so far down hill I have put it over the cliff before

The hardest hole on the course has to be the 2nd. In a tourney into the prevailing wind I hit a driver and 3 wood and barley made the green. One of the few in the field to reach it in two. It is only 447 yards also.

http://www.highlandslinksgolf.com/scorecard.html
http://www.highlandslinksgolf.com/course.htm

2.) Grandview Golf and Country Club - This is a difficult course, maybe the tougher then Highlands links. It only plays 6475 but has a course rating of 144. I played there once and shot 80 from the backs which was a poor score since I drove the ball well. It costs 43 dollars to play and is very narrow.

Favorite hole has to be the par 3 16th where water guards the fron, left and back of the green. Only 116 so if you are a good wedge player this hole should be no problem.

Hardest hole......hard to say. All of the holes are hard if you can't hit the ball straight.

Members online

No members online now.