• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nick Watney: 'I've Never Had to Sit Out This Long ... It Stinks'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
BACKS SURE ARE A PROBLEM on the circuit: Tiger Woods, Jason Day and, in case you haven't heard, Nick Watney.

According to an AP story by Doug Ferguson, Watney is out for the season due to a herniated disc in his lower back. He took a month off and thought he'd return for the Florida Swing, but the back isn't getting better.

''I just don't want it to turn into a chronic thing and have it every few years,'' he told Ferguson.

''I'm rehabbing. But I don't want to have surgery, and that's part of the reason I'm going to take the year off. I just want to rehab and get everything sorted out."

He added: ''I've never had to sit out this long, and so it stinks.''

The story tells how Watney is hanging around the house, changing diapers and watching basketball. It's starting to get to him, and he planned to visit the WGC-Dell Match Play this week to catch up with friends like Bill Haas.

Watney is 34, which is hard to believe. It seems like it was just yesterday that he was a young gun and considered to be one of the game's next stars. He has five PGA Tour wins. His best finish in a major was a seventh in the 2010 Masters.

On a personal note, I spent time with Nick Watney on a Pebble Beach outing in 2012. It included dinner at Clint Eastwood's restaurant in Carmel. Peter Jacobsen was also there. You would be hard-pressed to meet a nicer, more unassuming tour pro than Watney.

Related:

Dinner with Peter Jacobsen and Nick Watney

Source: Nick Watney: 'I've Never Had to Sit Out This Long ... It Stinks'

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Shit, that's bad luck for him. Herniated disc, bulging disc, slipped disc; call it what you will. I had one of those fvckers last year and I never want that to happen again.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Golf in a professional level does give a lot of pressure to the lower back. It's a non natural rotation on a set of joints which is to start with biologically and evolutionary flawed. For a professional golfer the repeated tray,a over the years is eager to produce back problems for almost each of them. Maybe some get it worse but most probably they all have some level of injury

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.