• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

nickent 3dx hybrids

J.J.

May 13, 2007
thinking of picking up a couple of these to replace my 3 and 4 iron.. i know how to hit the 3 iron perfectly but i cant hit my 4 for shit so why not just get 2 for the price? tgw has them for all of 60 each.. now my question is, are they worth it?

also.. i have hit a 19* g5 hybrid and i was hittin bombs.. then i tried my buddies 19* adams and couldnt hit it for nothin.. same day.. same time.. was that just a fluke?

heres the link

Nickent Mens Genex 3DX Ironwoods

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
it depends, want game improvment, or players hybrids? If you wanna get a hybrid you can actually work, globalgolf.com, and pick up a TM mid TP or Adams idea PRO, and go to town. If you wanna be liek WBL, and have ED, throwing your back out, and spending useless money, get the Nickent :)

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
PS- JJ, chances are your just not enough of a consistent player to really compare clubs at one time. You may think of buying some hybrids and getting some lessons, or getting a book or two.

Ps- drunk post #2 of my week long vacation from work!

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
The Nickents and Adams Idea PRO are probably the best hybrids on the market, if you cant hit the Adams get the Nickent, WBL has one/a few and says they cut a few stokes of his handicap.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
On second though JJ, maybe it was the shafts? I know in a 3 wood the ONLY graphite shafts i was able to hit and like were the V2 and the 103G Blueboard. And im a <1 hcp. Maybe you like heavier shafts like me?

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
i have the 3 nickent adn have a love hate relationship with it....but when its love im hitting it over 200

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
IMO the Nickent is good for slower ballspeed and lower ball hitters. I had the 23* briefly and it flew superhigh. I get a much better trajectory out of the RescueTP. Don't get me wrong, it's a great club and 100times easier to hit than a 3iron, probably easier to hit than a 7iron, just flew too high. I was happy with the shots I hit with it, just was the same or slightly shorter than my 5iron.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
These are one of the best hybrids going. Game improvement? Bullshit. How come so many pros are going to these now. These are as much a "players" hybrid as anything else out there and if you don't think so actually try hitting them and find out. I HATE this rediculous "game improvement vs players" club argument. Like labeling it "game improvement" makes it for sissys. Geez, open your eyes. :D

OP
J

J.J.

May 13, 2007
thanks guys.. whats the weight of the stock shaft in the nickents? the g5 hybrid i hit was a NV 75 (or 85?) maybe? i cant remember.. i know it was an nv though..

i may pick some up when i get back from my cruise next week.. for the price, it'll be worth a shot.. $120 for 2 versus 150 for a single g5.. i'll take the gamble haha

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The Nickents are available with a variety of shafts. I happen to prefer the UST V2, but all of them are good.

I hit my 23* yesterday on a 188 yard par 3, slightly uphill. Landed and stopped on some of the firmest greens in Augusta, 6 feet from the hole.
Missed the birdie putt of course.

P.S. IMHO the 3DX Ironwood DC is the best of the bunch.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You should be able to find good deals now on the 3DX DC which are an improvement over the Genex. They've come out with the 4DX. :D

🔥 Latest posts