• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nike 20XI

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
So I was finally able to get out to the course and test the new Nike golf balls last week. I played one round with the 20XI-X and one with the 20XI-S. My initial thoughts on the X was that it felt a little harder off of the face than the One Tour D. Distance was about 5 yards more off the driver, but almost 3/4 of a club longer off of the irons. Decent spin coming into the greens, a lot like most of the lower spin premium options out there. The S was a bigger surprise to me, I usually find that the higher spin versions of tour golf balls are shorter off of the tee for me since I tend to generate slightly higher spin rates in general. The S was about a yard or two shorter than the X, but gave a lot of spin on 3/4 wedge shots and pitches compared to the X. Both were very durable, not a cut on either of them after playing all 18 holes with each one. I think they are a very good ball, I like the S a little more at this point, but I am playing a couple of very tough courses this weekend and will be able to give them a little more of a test with fast fairways and firmer greens.

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Definitely prefer the 20XI-S to the X, they are both very solid performance wise, but I like the softer feel of the S, especially on partial wedge shots. They are both good in wind, as they hold their line very well, it took a little getting used to the fact that they seem to cut through wind as I tried to play a shot off the right side of the green with a draw wind and it ended up taking the exact line that I aimed it on. The X was a couple of yards longer but was noticeably firmer off of the club face.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I got a dozen of these for $20 with the opening of a new store here in town about a month ago. I haven't had the opportunity to hit them yet. Heading out tomorrow, hopefully I can get a few drives and wedges with them, throw in my 2 cents.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.