• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nike Ignite 3-Wood dilema

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I recently had an opportunity to rent a set of Nike sticks. I must say that I nailed the Nike Ignite 3-wood. (Nailed is relative and used loosly!) I couldn't stand the Ignite driver, but the 3 was incredible. It had a stock R-flex shaft. I currently play a TM V-steel 3 wood with a stock S-flex shaft. I can't decide if I should do one of 3 things - please offer any advice. (There is one on ebay with a Fujikura shaft - I don't know much about the Fujikura shafts)

1) Sell my V-steel and go with the Ignite (stock)

2) Reshaft my V-steel with a R-flex shaft (any shaft suggestions for a V-steel)

3) Buy the Ignite with an aftermarket shaft (any shaft suggestions)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I have chased the elusive "magic club" for decades, buying this off of eBay and reshafting that two or three times, and never really getting the result I wanted. I've also demoed a club, got down on my hands and knees and proposed to it, then bought a new one, and couldn't hit it worth a damn. Completely different club. I had a magic 3-wood once. Couldn't miss. It was an old Ping persimmon head on a steel TT-Lite shaft. Awesome club. When my clubs were stolen, I only missed that club. I've never found a 3-wood its equal (for me).

So - if you find the "magic 3-wood" do everything in your power to buy it. Not one just like it - THE club you hit. Offer to buy a new one and trade them for it - whatever you have to do to get the magic one.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Eracer, that's good advice, I just wish I would have thought of that at the time, I would have dropped about anything for that club at the time. There is one small problem...3000 miles. I was playing in Hawaii at the time.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.