• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nike SQ?

VAGolf

MHS Varsity Golf 09'
Reaction score
Okay, so my parents support me playing golf and all, and im considering buying a Nike SQ. At Dicks Sporting Goods they run about 200$. My parents are gonna help me pay it, but can i hear some joy/horror stories from folks who have had this driver? thanks in advance!

Never used a SQ, so I cannot shed any light on that. But I do have some other advice. I imagine you will find the club more satisfying if you buy it yourself. Just a thought, feel like you worked for it, whatever. And DO NOT buy any clubs at Dicks. Click on the Proshop link at the top of this page; Global Golf is your best bet. Their rating system is very conservative, so the club looks way better than you expect. Good luck.

It's not a bad driver. The only thing I didn't like about it was the face is a little shut, which helps a slice. I'm used to a square to semi-open face and play a fade on purpose. I had a little trouble with it not cutting since I'm used to the face being open. It went straight down my body aim line, which was the left rough, lol.

I'd also recommend checking Global Golf. If you get a chance to hit one, do so. There is a huge difference in that club between the stock shafts. They have the yellow Nike Diamana, VS Proto and UST V2. I took the VS Proto one out for a demo and hated it. The one I liked had the 76G V2 in it but I like a heavier shaft with a stiff tip.

I absolutely hate that driver. But I'm me, and you're you... so it might fit you perfectly. Point is, get fitted! Or at least hit it and a few others before you buy.

For under $200 you can get a million better drivers than a SQ.
Have you thought about buying used equipment? I know it sounds a little weird for someone starting to play, but with time you realize its your best shot, and you an save a huge amount of money. You can get yourself an awesome driver like a Hibore XL or TM Burner with a decent shaft (not the OEM), for $100 bucks, which is beter and cheaper than your SQ $200 option.

I have a SUMO 460 4950 with a V2 and it's a nice driver. Solid, not overly loud and forgiving, but I wouldn't give $200 for one. Too many good deals to be had to pay that much for one.

sssmokin loves his but he put a different shaft in it. Good driver. Bad OEM shaft. :)

buy a FTi new for $200....

I bought one from a member here about a year ago. That one single club has helped me with my golf game tremendously. I can hit the ball 20-30 yards farther with my Nike than any other driver I've ever used....but thats just me, my driver fits me perfect. You might not like one. I hit my friends several times before I bought one.

What's your swing like?

I love mine as a nice easy driver to hit, but, it doesn't fit all.

Thank you slickpitt not only for your link but your Jerk avatar as well

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422