• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nike SQ

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
So I passed my Edwin Watts today looking for a new driver for my birthday and I had my eye on the 905R. Well that slowly changed as I started to hit the SQ. Everything I had said about the club in the past I threw out the window and I bought it with the Fuji 26.3 shaft (not sure if thats right gotta go check it out). Ill be leaving my review on here tomorrow ( No classes woohoo!).

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You bought yourself a driver for your birthday? :)

THe SQ is a nice driver, if you can get past the looks. I liked it, but it just doesn't chalk up to my r7 in my hands.

How old are you by the way? College or high school?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
sssmokin in here has one (my brother) and he's cranking it 300+ straight down the pipe (and he's an old man of 59 years). Say what you will about the looks (I don't find it that bad) but it's a good driver!!:)

OP
flomarilius

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
Alright guys sorry for the delay but the review is here:

Nike Sasquatch is a club amongst clubs. I wanted to stay away from the Nike line because I got tired of the jokes that my entire bag is nike except for my putter, but as fate turns out I couldnt change the set-up. I went to the range yesterday and I was hitting some balls for warmup until I got to this monster.
IT IS MONSTER IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD. I have never crushed balls so far before and honestly this might sound like the usual review I saw a decent improvement in ball flight. Im using the Fuji 26.3 Tour platform shaft Stiff flex. When you make contact on this sucker I hit nice baby-fades that were averaging atleast 250-270. The occasional pull but those were swing faults more than the club.

The color, is something that takes getting used to. Nobody likes the grey stripe and hell im not a fan either but jesus man, it really does have something to do with the power. I mean I was hitting the Ignite like 230 and I dont ever believe someone saying they can gain 20 yds due to a club. This is something that I had to witness first hand before I believed it and well the proof is there.

At the end of the day this club is staying in my until the yellow comes off the club (heh wait thats a good thing :)).

If youve ever thought of buying one atleast demo it you might be pretty suprised with what Nike is doing in terms of Technology.

4.5/5

omar

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I've played with a couple of people who hit the SQ, and I get the sense that you couldn't pry the club out of their hands. They loved it that much. And all I saw was 250-270 down the middle on a perfect trajectory. Time after time after time. If I didn't love my current driver I would test it in a minute - ugly be damned.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Everyone I watched hit it this summer was the same. Long and straight down the middle no matter what the size/shape of the golfer and no matter how good/bad their swing. That's why I suggested sssmokin look at one when he went shopping this summer and he is just bombing them. I think they've got a winner. I don't have one because if you are a twin and you've grown up (as a kid) wearing the same cloths and looking the same you don't want to hit the same golf clubs as adults (even though we both hit Ping irons)!

🔥 Latest posts