• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nike Sumo 2 Shaft Question

Bmoko420

Apr 6, 2007
I recently got a used Nike Sumo 2 Stiff for a steal of a price.(Sent it back and got a brand new one) Any how I played with it for awhile, didn't like it, liked it....Tried other drivers.... you know how it goes with your driver sometimes. None the less I am back on it. I also never used a stiff shaft before. I was told that I have a high swingspeed by friends. I never been fitted. The sumo 2 hits so high of a trajectory you lose distance I think. I was wondering what kind of shaft could I put it in too make it a lot lower trajectory. Anyone who has seen these thing hit know what I am talking about.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Aldila NV is the lowest launching one I know of that's not really expensive OR the Grafalloy Blue. What shaft is in it and what's the loft? :D

OP
B

Bmoko420

Apr 6, 2007
Diamana Mitsubishi Rayon Stiff 10.5* .355"tip 600"butt 68g 4.4 Torque Mid/Low kick from the nike website. I dont know what any of that means..

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Low kick = high loft. High kick (Aldila NV) = low loft. Mid kick = mid launch. That's what you are looking at. :D

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
It's a proprietary shaft for Nike, not the real Diamana and it is .335" tip diameter. The design of the head is for a high launch, even if it says mid/low, that is in the context of the square head which is a high launch, high spin design. This has been what I discovered on most BLM fittings with both of the square drivers. A good bet in a reasonable price range to flatten the ball flight as much as possible would be the Grafalloy Blue (not ProLaunch), or even the ProLaunch Red.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
It's a proprietary shaft for Nike, not the real Diamana and it is .335" tip diameter. The design of the head is for a high launch, even if it says mid/low, that is in the context of the square head which is a high launch, high spin design. This has been what I discovered on most BLM fittings with both of the square drivers. A good bet in a reasonable price range to flatten the ball flight as much as possible would be the Grafalloy Blue (not ProLaunch), or even the ProLaunch Red.

I had the ProLaunch Red in the regular SuMo I found it to hit the ball extremely high. Is that mean't to be a low launching shaft???

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online