• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nike SV wedges?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Anybody used the Nike SV Tour wedges?

I've just ordered 2 in the gunmetal finish. I'm hopeing they perform like the Callaway Mack Daddy wedges. I got two Vokey Spin Milled's last week and I'm less than impressed with the feel and spin on short chips & pitches. Half swings to full swings get some action but there's no bite on the pitches with them. My old Cally's used to check big time after a bounce, great scoring wedges but I just fancied a change.

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
it's just your piss-poor swing...! lol

I've never used them, but they do look nice. I've heard mixed reports, but I doubt they'll come close to the Callys.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I played with a 56° SW some time ago. I was less than impressed. I thought they were quite good looking, but that's kind of all about them.

They are good wedges, don't get me wrong, but they just don't excell in anything in particular. For the same money I would have gone for somethign else I guess, maybe CG12s or something similar.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Shoulda gotten the TM TP-Z wedges...

I have a buddy I play with who takes sand-paper to the face of his new wedges.. They bite so damn hard he comes up short all the time.. :)

I like mine.. I also liked the Scratch and the older 588 Clevelands pretty well. I had a Callaway I wasn't entirely impressed with.

I used a borrowed Nike Black SV gap wedge once, and it spun pretty well.. Just gave me a little more roll out than I was used too.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Just ordered a Vokey to replace my Callaway 50*. Never hit the Nike's but I've heard good things about them.

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Looks like a mixed bag here, Paully Paul! I hope you like them when they come. If not, get on some Clevelands. My GF's dad ho'd some and he said they were awesome, and there's loads of pro's bagging them right now.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I play the SV 52* and 56* wedges. I like them. For me they create a lot of spin. Golf Digest ran a wedge test with them a year or two back and at the time they created either the most spin or were the number 2 wedge on the market as far as spin goes.

When my Vokeys are giving me trouble I put the SV's in the bag for a while to keep them honest.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I played today in the Wednesday medal using the Vokey's. I just don't like them. Think they are a little too light headed, I'm affraid the 58 got some air miles today! I lost the plot & threw it after thinning a pitch with it. I know thats not the club but they just don't fill me with any kind of confidence and where I should be attacking the pin I'm anxious and lifting my head like a 20+ Capper! I decided they defenetly feel lighter than my Cally's did. If the Nikes don't messure up I'll be adding some tip weights.

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
I carry 3 nike sv tour wedges and like them, i used to have some cg10's and these spin more for me than the clevelands did.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
What shafts do you have in the Nikes? I use the KBS black wedge shafts and they give my wedges a better overall feel.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
What shafts do you have in the Nikes? I use the KBS black wedge shafts and they give my wedges a better overall feel.

I normally just use the stock Wegge flex shafts in my wedges, but one of the reasons I decided to try the Nike's is that they are fitted with S400's as stock.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I might look into those KBS shafts.. I think my next set of irons will have KBS in them.

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
WHatever wedges I get next, they'll have full on Proj X 7.0's in. So much nicer, proper flight, and some serious yardage on them!

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I put the KBS Tour 6.5s in my irons and absolutely love them. I have the FST Hi-Rev shafts in my wedges and love those as well. Both have a great, heavy feel to them.

Members online

No members online now.