• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nike Vapor Fly Driver

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Have never been a fan of Nike products but my Alpha 815 was driving me nuts. So while at Dick's they had the Nike Vapor Fly driver (formerly $350} on sale for $179. It was a risk and I was totally unfamiliar with the Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei CK Blue shaft. In any case out I went today for 18 with this driver with my fingers crossed. WOW!

All day, good swings and bad, I was in every fairway. Distance was the same or 10+ yards longer then the Alpha 815 on good swings. The Tensei shaft felt great also and though I'm not sure if it contributed to the straight drives it felt as good as any shaft I've had before. I had it set at 9.5° and straight and the trajectory was perfect for me. This might be the honeymoon but I did not swing the driver any differently then I have been. This one just goes straight instead of left and right and who knows what else. The deep face for me was also a plus.

As far as looks the blue is nice but kind of clashes with the lime green. But I don't care. It works. Will continue to add to this review as I hit it more. The adjustment is simple and works and the headcover is better then Cally's.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Had my Cally for 1-1/2 years and hated it. This might last longer. But how about $350?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
A fairway finder. So confident with it used it on a couple tight holes and it worked. Shot 39 on the back today. Rained on the front and battled trying to see out of my eye glasses on the front so sucked a 51. Oh well.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
It's still going straight and long (for me). I'm shooting better scores lately I'm sure because I'm in the fairway more now. I'm going to join a different course next year which should help me back to the low forties and occasional thirties I've shot before this year. This course costs me an average of five more strokes per nine then I'm used to and has been driving my ego nuts.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
It's still going straight and long (for me). I'm shooting better scores lately I'm sure because I'm in the fairway more now. I'm going to join a different course next year which should help me back to the low forties and occasional thirties I've shot before this year. This course costs me an average of five more strokes per nine then I'm used to and has been driving my ego nuts.
Sounds like you found your weapon!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Traded the Cally in on this and got it for $80. Was $350 at the start of the year. In a couple years I'll probably get a new M2 when the prices finally come down. But this one is not gonna go anywhere just in case that's a dud. Best driver I've had in years.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
jhmeg2 hit one shot with my Nike. He went and bought one. He's our club champ btw and has made the disabled vets league championship in Mississippi. One swing. It's awesome.

🔥 Latest posts