• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NIKE Victory Red STR8 Tour Driver

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I had a "strip" on my Dymo shaft peel off, so since it was still under warranty, I returned it to TGW where I purchased it after contacting Nike. They (Nike) asked if I wanted a replacement or refund, so I said refund. I filled out Nike's questionaire and one asked if I would recommend Nike to my friends. I said no. I received another one asking what it would take for me to give Nike a recommendation to others, to which I replied, "refund the $25 it cost to return the faulty club". And to my surprise, they did it. So I recieved a total of $165 credit, and the new Victory Red Tour STR8 cost $262 with shipping, so for under $100 additional cost, I got the new driver. I have nothing but praise after playing my first round with it today. I hit it long and straight like no driver I have ever owned. At least 20 yards further than my norm. I didn't even consider making any adjustments with the included tool. The Voodoo shaft felt great, and it doesn't make that "dink" sound that the earlier Sumo and Dymo drivers do. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially with the price reduced. The sticker on the shaft said "recommended retail price $479". It's a nice looking driver at setup also, compared to Dymo and Sumo. Don't have pics at this time, but I will put some in soon. I'm a happy HO.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Good review Ssmokin. I'm not surprised you hit it long & straight. It received the 'most accurate' award of adjustable drivers during a comparison.

awww.mygolfspy.com_wp_content_uploads_vr_accuracy1.png

"Clash Of The Adjustable Drivers!" - MOST ACCURATE AWARDS

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Oh great. Now sssmokin is going to have to come down by me to play me. No home court advantage PLUS longer drives allowed!

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I got one of these drivers as a players gift when I played in the Shoprite LPGA ProAm. It is a very good driver. I have played with the adjustments quite a bit and it is amazing the different shot shapes you can create with the adjustment.......just like the tv commercial with Trevor Immelman. The sound is a definate pop similar to the sound of a Titleist driver. My only complaint with it would be the odd headcover that comes with it but that is minor. I still have never made this my go-too driver though as I do not hit it as accurately as my TaylorMade 07 Burner. The TaylorMade is definately more forgiving. I tend to use the Nike on windy days because I can set it to hit a low draw that really penetrates.......my Burner hits the ball too high when playing into the wind.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Played it again today with more great results. What more can I say? It's great.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Way to go sssmokin. Fairways & greens are what it's all about. Looks like the Str8Fit driver is looking after the first one.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I see that you have a G10 and a Nike VR Tour. Which one do you prefer?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I see that you have a G10 and a Nike VR Tour. Which one do you prefer?

The G10 is on the bench. It has the TFC shaft in it. The VR Tour is my gamer. It has the superior Project X shaft in it & I like the smaller 420cc head. I find I can control the VR Tour better. I don't know if it's to do with the shaft or the head or both. Lee Westwood still uses a G10 driver but I see that he has a special prototype shaft in it that's not available to the public. I wouldn't mind slipping a better shaft into my G10 but I can't justify spending the $$ to do it.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Driver, what the hell is that? I only played 10 rds all year and didn't swing the driver once, 3w was more than enough.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Driver, what the hell is that? I only played 10 rds all year and didn't swing the driver once, 3w was more than enough.

That's the idea Wi. I'm hitting my 2 hybrid off the tee more and more. 220 metres in the middle of the fairway guaranteed.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Those VR Pros are sweet. Like I said in the other thread, put a ProjectX 6.0 in it and let 'er rip.

And if it still doesn't work for you, send it to me for... further testing.

Members online

No members online now.