• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nippon NS Pro

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
Anyone playing these shaft's? heard they are very good, ordered a set to install in my extra set of Bridgestone Cavity back's. The clubs I am using rite now are the same heads with Brunswick FM 6.5's, I am very happy with these shaft's, but they stopped making them years ago, tried the rifle shafts but they did not have the same type of feel as the stepped Brunswick's I am used to.

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I have a set of the 1150 Tour's sitting in the garage. They just seemed to spray shot's a little too much. Went back to my PX.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I threw a set of 1050's into my irons at the end of last season. I don't have enough saddle time with them to give a thumbs up or down for consistency or dispersion, but they're a full club longer than my FST's. And I LOVE my FST's....

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I have them in my Srixon's and love them. They play a tad softer than flex I think, but I'm 51 and probably need that anyway? Mine are stiff flex. I have a set of Taylor RAC Mb's with Rifle 6.0's, and they feel too stiff for me.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
mddubya is correct about them playing softer to flex. I have stiff and they're about borderline reg/stiff and that is perfect for me. I've go tthe stiff 950's. Possibly the heavier 1050 stiff would play more like any other stiff flex shaft.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
mddubya is correct about them playing softer to flex. I have stiff and they're about borderline reg/stiff and that is perfect for me. I've go tthe stiff 950's. Possibly the heavier 1050 stiff would play more like any other stiff flex shaft.

The 1050 also plays stiffer to flex, which the vast majority of golfers can handle in their swing. The Super Peening are the only truly stout feeling shafts that Nippon makes by comparison to other manufacturers.

I'm 6-8 yards longer with my 1050's over any other shaft I've had in my irons. Flight is awesome, feel is outstanding.

R35

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I play the Super Peening Orange in my irons and wedges and whilst it is heavier it isn't too stout in my opinion. My fitting session really showed me just how good it feels to have the correct shaft so I'd suggest (almost "force") that seeing a pro to get fitted is the only way to fly. Made a big difference to me, I feel more control with it than I do with the 950s and the KBS/Project X ones just weren't right for me at all.

You can't guess, so do some homework and get it right.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You can't guess, so do some homework and get it right.

This is great advice on these shafts, and the same was suggested to me when i was originally looking into getting mine. I read results, looked at weights and flight characteristics, and based all that over where my flight currently was and what I wanted to accomplish. Then I decided on a setup that I figured would split all the hairs I wanted.

I wasn't disappointed. Not even a little. Great, great shafts.

R35

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I gotta get a set of these once I land on a set of irons I will be keeping. I am actually drooling over the Titleist 710 CB's and would love to try a set with Nippons in them. I have decided o try some lighter weight shaft as I hurt my back in December and heavier weight shafts just dont feel right any more. DG's and my face FST's just feel like crap and rebar at the moment. I am hoping thansome lighter weight shafts will help me get some of my feel and speed back- leaning towards the 1050's I think.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
For what it's worth "super peening" (shot peening) is done (usually) to case hardened gears to increase the surface compressive stresses... and it does, big time. This makes the gears last much longer. The only thing is if you do it to an "unhardened" (heat treated) golf shaft it really doesn't do that much. A little but not much.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.