• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No golf for a few days

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Been working long hours at the course during this interim between superintendents. At the main pump station until 10 p.m. last night to make sure the irrigation system performed as it should. Then... tested positive for COVID this morning! Feel like was kicked by a mule. Our mechanic tested positive on Thursday. Club President on Friday. GM and me this morning. Long time maintenance hand feeling poor today. Seems like a very contagious strain running its course.

Double vax'd and double boosted. Should be easy peasy. Just sleeping a lot this past few hours.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Bummer, limp. I actually started wearing my mask in stores again. I'm getting tired of this shit.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Feeling much better. Got Paxlovid, yesterday. Been existing on DayQuil/NyQuil. Doc says if symptoms gone by tomorrow, can leave home as long as still masked. Down to two on maintenance crew at the course. One of those feeling punk. First one who got this crud returning today. New hire coming on board later this week. Got through our Member/Guest tourney this past weekend with compliments. Took a lot of work from some special people to pick up the pieces left by the terminated superintendent and get the course back to show well. Life is good........

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Headed to the course a little after 6 this morning. Hopped on a 96" Jacobson mower and spent the next six hours mowing rough. Tough keeping up due to the COVID that was going through the crew. Felt good to just sit on a piece of equipment and smell the fresh cut grass.
Have a new employee beginning tomorrow morning. If they pan out, will really help and, maybe, allow me to get back in a golf cart instead of on a mower.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
There’s nothing better than mowing some rough for a few hours. I lived for the week our rough mower took off every year. At that time we had a 50’s Massey towing a 5 deck rotary behind. Nothing but good times on that puppy!! Good on you Limp!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
He's too old for that now
Actually... IMHO no one over 55 years old should be able to be POTUS or occupy a seat in Congress or sit on the SCOTUS!!!! Too many old geezers think they know more than anyone else and govern as if their position is more important than the oath they took when sworn in to office.

🔥 Latest posts