• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No longer Killing me...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Kind of sucks... I put together this beatiful R5TP with the exotic, rare and expensive Rombax shaft, coolest looking headcover on the planet...

The R510TP with the Speeder 757X is the one. I can control this club so well. Every drive is in play, 265-270 with a 5-10 yd. fade is just money in the bank. I even managed to change the flight (higher/lower) on purpose. It's a 270yd. 3W.

Unfortunately my putting stank to high hell because I hit more greens than usual by putting tee shots in decent position. I even had a chip in and still had 37putts. :wow:

Might be time to trade or sell the R5TP for a Gauge design.... Japan model.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Off topic, but gotta thank you for that Reax R shaft...it's really playing well in the R580XD I picked up. It's a little shorter, but it's hitting as long as my G5!!

Of course, now I've got a MAS S flex left over, but that's what closet's are for!

Thanks again, ezra!

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Of course, now I've got a MAS S flex left over, but that's what closet's are for!

Thanks again, ezra!

Unless you're Jeff... then they are for coming out of.
icon10.gif

Glad you like it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I feel for you, man! Been there... done that! Seve Ballesteros said the best feeling in golf is a long walk with your putter in your hand. Nothing better... nothing more orgasmic... than, after the long drive splits the fairway, seeing the next ball land on the green and roll towards the hole.
The dangdest thing... the most maddening thing... is to have your smart a** partner say "Nice par" when you had an eagle putt!!! 3-jacks are h***!!!
We pay huge dollars for the driver de jour. Yes, distance and accuracy are important. But, we have to have the latest and greatest shaft technology. We have to take into consideration launch angles and face angles and COR's and spend hours analyzing our driver for a club we use a maximum of 14 times in a round of golf. Yet, we are not generally as compulsive about the 'flat stick' we will use... hopefully only use... 30 or so times during the round.
Day after day... Round after round... we tee a ball and launch it with our driver into the fairway. The tee shot may require some thought, but the ball is up on a tee and we hit the driver from virtually the same conditions shot after shot after shot. Putting, on the other hand, can differ hole to hole, round to round. We 'dew sweepers' often begin our round with dew on the greens. The putts are slooooow. By the time we make the turn, the greens have dried and the speed has increased considerably. We MUST have an intimate relationship with a putter that allows us to adjust speed according to how the greens change through the round. One day we may play in the morning right after the greens have been mowed and they are slick as glass. The next day we may play late afternoon where the greens have grown back, are slower, and look like the proverbial herd of elephants have trafficed over them all day. Our putter and our putting stroke must be much more amicable to change than any other club in our bag!

Over the years, I changed irons about as often as I changed underwear. It was nothing to play 4 or 5 different sets of irons during one season. This past season, I cleaned house. The 690mb's went bye bye. The MP32's went bye bye. The Eye 2+'s went in the bag and for the first time in almost 20 years the same set stayed in the bag the entire season. I experienced some of the best iron play I had seen in years. I fell back in love with my irons. Once again there is no doubt, EVER, in my mind when I am 132 yards or 148 yards or.... I know and trust my irons. This year, I am gong to do the same with my putter. I have switched back and forth between 4 putters this past season. Yes, too many 3-jacks!!! By the 1st of March, the putter for the year will be in the bag and will not leave! If need be, I'll take that putter to work... to church... to bed if I can totally eliminate any 3 putts. That is my goal for 2007! NO 3-PUTTS!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've got to agree limpalong. I've got a driver that really works good. No need to put them ahead of something I could use more. I'm sending the Launcher back to it's rightful owner (R35) and I'm going to be putting on the carpet alot this winter with my new 2-ball. I might blow some bucks on a Riff also because the putting is what makes or breaks your score. I've got most of the tools I need to get on the green less a wedge I really like (and can maybe get some chip ins with) and I'm working on that. Now when I do I've got to take advantage of that by avoiding those 3-putts and maybe drilling a long one once in awhile. :)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The carpet putts are killing me. I hit hundreds of 5-6footers on the carpet then leave everything right on the course. I usually don't care too much this time of year but I wanted to keep score and the full swing was halfway decent. My speed wasn't that bad but I just kept burning the edges and couldn't read a putt to save my life.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
your head is moving

hth:)

Serious? I tried play the ball more forward, didn't help much. I did however keep my head down once, till the ball was there. Missed left for once...

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yep,your head head will be moving.And get a routine that removes any tension at all in your body and grip,tension is a killer.You missed right because your head moved and you missed left because you became tense thinking about it

this total guess work on my part will cost you 10$:)

cheers

Dave

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Serious? I tried play the ball more forward, didn't help much. I did however keep my head down once, till the ball was there. Missed left for once...

100 dollars says the grain of your carpet pulls left....

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I already walked off the living room for an area carpet. It's hardwood now. 9x7 should fit the bill, nice 8 footer if I move the coffe table. I know the floor breaks L to R though. Not a bad break to practice though.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Don't worry, just be like WBL and through more money at it..

I made my self laugh.

🔥 Latest posts