• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Smoking

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Northern Ireland went totally smoke-free on Monday 30th April there and it is an absolute Godsend ! :)

Noone is allowed to smoke in any public places which means there'll be no more smoke getting blown into my face in bars and clubs :D

Been off the ciggies for 13 months now, me. I was extremely tempted last night, but know I would be seething with myself if I had given in, so happy days...:) :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
That's great news...your government is really progressive.

Over here, the issue is settled on a city by city basis...and there are still bars in cities that have No Smoking ordinances where smoking is still permitted.

I hate it. You have to go home and wash your clothes after being in one of these bars.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Florida already has a No Smoking policy in all restaurants (many have created patio areas that are outside where you can smoke and eat), and I believe the latest push is to go all the way out to no smoking in any public building. Its kind of weird when I travel out of state when they ask smoking or non-smoking as a table choice. You kind of forget that not everywhere is like home.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Florida already has a No Smoking policy in all restaurants (many have created patio areas that are outside where you can smoke and eat), and I believe the latest push is to go all the way out to no smoking in any public building. Its kind of weird when I travel out of state when they ask smoking or non-smoking as a table choice. You kind of forget that not everywhere is like home.

What's worse is that we have restaurants that simply ignore the ordinance and the cops don't enforce it.

Disgusting.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Pretty much the entire state of VT is smoke free except for one town. Not sure why they have not adopted this law.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.