• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No snow, but....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
....looks like the water needs to be drained!

This had me laughing my ass off. There is an obvious bung up in the water removal for this par 3. Usually there is a water hazard that flows slowly through this hole, maybe 20 feet accross, passing under a road that is adjacent to the hole. This isn't happening this year! LOL. Looks almost like an island green!

If you check the left side of the image, you'll see just the front of the ladies teebox. The dark unit to the right is a portable pump generator to get all that water outta there. Greens are still covered on every hole with winter protection. The ranges are all open today tho, which is sweet.

No snow anywhere on the courses that I went to today, which was fantastic. Even some of the grass was coming in too.

Slowly, but surely, getting there....

R35
Murraywet.JPG

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It tastes like creek water right about now.

Supposed to get some rain tonight....that should jump start the grass....

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It is.

It's about 180 uphill to a severely sloped green. If you hit it any less than 3 yards off the front, it will spin back off the green about 20 yards to the flat. Makes for a tough pitch. To the right of the green is a bunker that is extremely deep. It catches alot of balls, leaving you with about a 60 foot bunker shot to a pin that is at least 10-12 feet above you. The top portion of the green is pretty flat, but the bastards almost never have the flag there....jerks.

I've seen many 7's on this hole. It's an easy shot, but the uphill isn't apparent untill your well struck 6 iron ends up in the bunker. The wind is also knocked down in the teebox, you don't notice it until you walk out to about the ladies teebox, so that can affect your ball too.

The next hole after this is a 560 yard par 5, hardest hole on the course, which is always nice... :)

R35

🔥 Latest posts