• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Non-Closed drivers

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
is that a 510TP I see there?

Yes. Message too short?? Why yes VT Divot, it is, complete with skymark.
icon10.gif
(don't worry Tmag the one I sent you was the Sflex, that pic is the Xflex one).

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Come on Ez.... quit twisting it left to make it look closed. Look at that shaft... :laugh:

Lol. Ok maybe a little exageratted but that baby is far from dead square. I pulled the crap out of it at first. I had to set up fade with a ridiculously weak grip to hit it straight.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Geeze, I just happen to have one of those in my bag....:laugh:

Seriously, Gun, if my Ft-3 works out for me, I'll sell you this head for cheap. If you want the whole she-bang (shaft too), we can work something out.

Give me two weeks for a trial run. Can you wait that long?

R35

can do. this week will fly by, and i leave for mexico friday for a week so i won't even be thinking of golf which = no hoing....

let me know, or i'm sure i'll catch your review which will tell the tale.

cheers,

-YG

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If your Hi Bore is as good as you say it is, no chance the FT-3 will knock it out of the bag. I've hit it many times, it was a nice driver, but nothing to wow over.

Tour, or the regular? The reviews and launch monitor stats of this thing tell otherwise. The one I hit last summer was good, but the shaft was garbage.

can do. this week will fly by, and i leave for mexico friday for a week so i won't even be thinking of golf which = no hoing....

let me know, or i'm sure i'll catch your review which will tell the tale.

cheers,

-YG

Roger that, Gun. I will have multiple people looking at this, guaranteed. Hell, it's so good, I might not even sell it. :D

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Tour, or the regular? The reviews and launch monitor stats of this thing tell otherwise. The one I hit last summer was good, but the shaft was garbage.

That's those morons over at BSG hyping it up. There all over something else now. ;)

Actually I've read that it's a high speed, low spin head, and in person I've hit a few rockets with it. However, you'll notice that it isn't very forgiving, and is really quite ordinary. Especially since you are so crazy about your Hibore, I can't see this one changing your mind.

EZ's wedge says you'll prefer the Cleveland ;)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
TM claim 1* open for their TPs

Yet their manufacturing tolerances are for 2* for loft AND face angle

Its ludricrous,like Ferarri saying their top speed is somehwer between 100 and 300

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
EZ's wedge says you'll prefer the Cleveland ;)

I'll bet you 2 sleeves of HX Tours. I'm not getting Ez's wedge....oh, you mean for the Augusta bet. Nah, that's going on the wall for all to see....:laugh:

R35

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Are the tour's supposed to play truer to loft?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Are the tour's supposed to play truer to loft?

Hibores? Depends on the head. I would say that this head plays to 10*. For most heads, the more open it is, the more loft you lose. But most OEM heads that are stamped "8.5*" are probably closer to 10, and those stamped 10 are closer to 12*.

R35

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
sorry to bring this back up, it made it to page 2 awfully fast and i haven't had time to get on in the past couple days, anyways,

i'm convinced, definitely dumping this stock HiBore in favor of a tour issue.

question.

is there any way of checking the Txxxxx serial numbers for authenticity? found a pretty good looking auction on a no-letter head, they listed the serial number, but didn't take any pics of the hozel area, found that sort of strange so i figured i'd ask you guys. he's got a 100% rating so i'm not too worried, just figured better safe than sorry.

thanks,
-YG

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I suppose you could call Cleveland to check it. Other than that, I have no clue.

I know where mine came from...:D

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online