• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Noobie seeks swing critique! (Video included)

Robbie G

Nov 13, 2005
Hi boys and girls, I've just registered and would like someone who knows what they're talking about to have a go at my swing. I've never had lessons, just adapted from what I picked up by watching others and reading things on the internet.

Any tips are appreciated, thanks :)

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Oh i got it sorry. I think you arch you back to much but i think your arms go a bit dodgy on the swing after, all in all i think it is quite good. I spose the arching of the back is down to the lengh of the driver, im no expect but i think its quite good.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I can't open the first one and the second one has your head and arms on the backswing cut off. Can't really see much. Sorry.

OP
R

Robbie G

Nov 13, 2005
Hi, I know the second one cuts my head off but can you just concentrate on posture for now and give an opinion on what you can actually see?

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Robbie G said:
Here's a better vid...

come on peeps, I need your help here!

http://www.robertandcatherine.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DSCN1902.wmv

Hmmm? Well I quite like the set up, as it is ready for a good swing but something goes wrong in the very first movement that makes it almost impossible to do. The club goes back outside the line and the club face is closed. This then leads to you doing a few contortions in a probably subconscious effort to get things back on the right line on the downswing.

The good news is that with a simple drill or two you will be able to rectify this. If you sort out the initial movement away from the ball, then the whole swing will improve. Put another clip on here in a month or so and amaze us all with the improvement.

good luck

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
The first thing I notice is that you're hunched over a lot. That restricts your turn, causing the club face to be closed at the top of your swing and putting yourself in a difficult position. And when you're cramped on the backswing, you're going to be cramped on the downswing. An additional effect of a tight back and shoulders is not getting a good weight shift back. If you watch a Tiger/Ernie/etc., you will see that their shoulders are perpendicular to the target line and on top of their right foot.

What will have to happen, in time, will be to stick your butt out a little, get good posture (see Davis Love), RELAX the shoulders and arms, keep your right side firm (i.e. keep your right knee still) and try to make your left shoulder go on top of your right foot. Try doing the turn in your chair right now -- you're probably just swiveling. Your shoulders should move to the RIGHT, until you feel a little stretch in your back muscles. That's the kind of position you need to have during the swing.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.