• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Noodle Ice balls

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Played my "white" Noodle Ice balls tonight. I'm not really sure but I think they might be a little longer (maybe 5 yards?) then my Srixon Zurs and Bridgestone B330S's. In any case I hit one drive even with a green on a short par 4. Easily 250 or more and the rest were at least as long. I shot a 44 with FIVE 3-putts. :( I hit the long putts great but could NOT make a 3-4' putt. Like a mental block or something. VERY good balls for $10.95 a dozen. :)

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I shot a 44 with FIVE 3-putts. :( I hit the long putts great but could NOT make a 3-4' putt. Like a mental block or something. VERY good balls for $10.95 a dozen. :)

The frickin balls are evil on the putting green, yesterday I played 9 holes after work with my wife & once again used the orange noodle ice balls. Decided to swap balls once i got on the green...yes I know that's against the USGA/PGA/PETA/UAW/etc so sue me...anyways no 3 putts, had a couple singles & the rest doubles.

Also I tried to use a yellow noodle & it wasn't working for me, weird how ball color seems to affect me or maybe it's just an excuse I can use for having a couple of horrible shots?:laugh:

Oh yea, distance was about the same as the last time, 215 or so with the 3w & I used driver quite a bit more this time & was getting 230 out of it. But I also am not entirely sold on any distance increase simply as a result of these balls. On the 5th hole which is a decently long par 5 I hit 2 balls off the tee box, orange noodle & a Titleist nxt, both balls were in the fairway & within 1 yd of each other.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, I also switched balls for iron shots, chipping and putting because I like the premium balls on those shots. And like you said WG I'm not totally convinced they are longer. They certainly are "as long" though and for that price a real steal. :)

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I have given up on these Noodles, for me they aren't any longer than any other balls & I can't putt with them...don't know why I just can't. I tried an experiment & tossed 4 balls on the green, 2 yellow noodles, a prov1x & a Nike Karma. I single putted the Nike, 2 putted the Prov1x & 3 putted both of the noodles, I think the color deal just screws with my head too much.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Found a pink Noodle Ice some time back. Carry it in the bag. If someone in the group doesn't get it past the lady's tee box, they're supposed to drop their pants and prove they are a man. Now, I don't even have to unzip. I can just reach into my golf bag and show them my "pink noodle"!!!!:prop::prop:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Also I tried to use a yellow noodle & it wasn't working for me, weird how ball color seems to affect me or maybe it's just an excuse I can use for having a couple of horrible shots?:laugh:

Its not an excuse mate, it happens. Evil colors do distract you all the time. I once tried to play with my girlfriend's pink balls (yes, when she realized LPGA players COULD play with them she switched immediately) to see how they worked sine they were supposed to be incredibly long, they seemed t b rather incredibly distracting.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
How did they play? That "super-slick" teflon coating is a bit scary.
The bright yellow ball wasn't bad for a distance ball - long and straight off the tee but don't expect much spin out of it around the green

I actually liked the vision X2 ball - I only had one but played great with it for 5 holes until my 2nd shot on an uphill par 5 sailed right over the green into the woods - never to be seen again
It was a little "clicky" off the putter compared to the D2 Feel I usually play, but I'd play them again

Members online

No members online now.