• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

North West 200 - Motorcycles

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So every year this event comes to town. It attracts the best road racers in the world and is a big draw for our area, 100,000 people turn up to watch.

images

It involves several classes of bike from 125cc and upwards racing in different categories. Racers can hit 200mph on some stretches of the race circuit, which is a ~10 mile triangular loop of local roads between three towns, Coleraine, Portrush and Portstewart. The cool thing is after the racing people drive home on the track.

I took my kids there last night. The noise, smell, sights are all fantastic. I'm not a huge bike fan but this is on my doorstep.

North West 200 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
So every year this event comes to town. It attracts the best road racers in the world and is a big draw for our area, 100,000 people turn up to watch.

images

It involves several classes of bike from 125cc and upwards racing in different categories. Racers can hit 200mph on some stretches of the race circuit, which is a ~10 mile triangular loop of local roads between three towns, Coleraine, Portrush and Portstewart. The cool thing is after the racing people drive home on the track.

I took my kids there last night. The noise, smell, sights are all fantastic. I'm not a huge bike fan but this is on my doorstep.

North West 200 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I did some Motocross, Observed Trials and Enduro racing in my youth. Road Racers come from different stock. When I crashed, I landed on mud, dirt, a root or a tree and stopped. When those guys go down at insane speeds, their bodies and the bikes tumble and flip for 300 yards. Insane speeds, insane skill, insane mental focus........different breed.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Road racing street bikes is so much fun.

I would love to see something like that. The only problem is, you only get to see a minute part of the race on road courses like that.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.