• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Northern Trust Open / Feb 17 – 20 2011 / Riviera Country Club · Pacific Palisades, Ca

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Steve Stricker is the title holder.

awww.iseekgolf.com_media_6690_medium.jpg

[video=youtube;gmnfWjonnlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnfWjonnlo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This is the field. These are the 'expert' picks for the title.

Who's your pick?

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Re: Northern Trust Open / Feb 17 – 20 2011 / Riviera Country Club · Pacific Palisades

.... and it's started.

Early clubhouse leaders are:

T1 John Senden -4
T1 Martin Laird -4
T1 Robert Allenby -4
T1 Spencer Levin -4
T1 Aaron Baddeley -4

Lefty is currently +1.

Leaderboard here.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Re: Northern Trust Open / Feb 17 – 20 2011 / Riviera Country Club · Pacific Palisades

And Dustin Johnson's caddie makes headlines again. I can't believe he hasn't fired this tool yet.

How can you mess up a tee time when they TEXT it to you? Just look at your phone the day before, or the morning of, or something.

I am guessing DJ will be double-checking the tee sheet for the rest of his career. Unless he wins of course.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006

Johnson needs to fire himself along with his caddie. Two tools that deserve each other.

``I don't look at my time,'' Johnson said. ``I leave that up to Bobby.'' Dumbass.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005

Johnson needs to fire himself along with his caddie. Two tools that deserve each other.

``I don't look at my time,'' Johnson said. ``I leave that up to Bobby.'' Dumbass.

Totally agree.

Another tool is Jim Gray. This idiot barges in on the 13th hole to find out why DJ missed his tee time. I guess Brown (DJ's caddie) and Gray get into a shouting match at which point TGC removes him from coverage for the day.

There's a surprise. The headline, "Jim Gray causes controversy" is about as predictable as "Sun Rises in East, news at 11".

It is a sorry state of affairs that this coverage is what passes for golf news now that every article isn't gushing about Tiger.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006

Amen.... I don't disagree that they are both responsible, but blaming it on the caddie is a cop out. That's twice now in a just a few months that he has been penalized for not taking note of key information. Really foolish. The good news for him (if you can call it that) is that he missed the cut by 3 strokes.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

Aaron Baddeley leads Fred Couples by one at the end of the 3rd round.

awww.golf.com_golf_i_tours_2011_02_feb19_baddeley_372x248.jpg

Report here.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

... and the winner is ...
acache.daylife.com_imageserve_01dw0FH10f2oT_613x459.jpg_a32dc6cf13b93ba68ff1ef0af016d2b8.jpg

Congratulations to Aaron Baddeley. Going back to his old swing & his old coach has brought quick dividends. Food for thought for someone else??

1 Aaron Baddeley -12
2 Vijay Singh -10
3 Kevin Na -9
T4 Jimmy Walker -8
T4 Robert Allenby -8

fisher

Nov 16, 2008

I watched a bit yesterday. Haven't rooted for a train wreck so bad in a long time. Nothing against Baddeley, I just wanted Fred or Vijay to win.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

I watched a bit yesterday. Haven't rooted for a train wreck so bad in a long time. Nothing against Baddeley, I just wanted Fred or Vijay to win.

I had a funny feeling all along that Freddie just wasn't going to make it. I thought that the Vijay looked more likely. Then all of a sudden 2001 winner, Robert Allenby came out of the blue In the final round. Having said all of that, Aaron Baddeley played very tidy golf. Four rounds in the 60. Hard to beat on that course.

🔥 Latest posts