• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Now go sign your scorecard.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Did you catch that? Chez Reavie sinks the birdie on the 18th for a 3 shot victory in the Canadian Open. The interviewer is right there with the mic to congratulation him. Then sends him on his way saying "Now go sign your scorecard."

WTF was that?

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Did you catch that? Chez Reavie sinks the birdie on the 18th for a 3 shot victory in the Canadian Open. The interviewer is right there with the mic to congratulation him. Then sends him on his way saying "Now go sign your scorecard."

WTF was that?

Hahahaa yup was thinking the same thing. Didnt want him to screw up his first win ala Michelle Wie.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
I've heard a lot of interviewers say that over the years. I don't think there was any malice intended. Just sort of a "good round, we're letting you get back to business now."

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Yup, just wanted to talk to him quick and let him go about his business.

Although it is a great unintentional shot at Michelle :laugh:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I don't think there was any malice intended.

This was Fehrety at his finest!!! His mind is always working! I have no doubt this was a "casual reminder" of the snafu of last weekend... politely wrapped in the congratulations this young kid deserved for his first win on the PGA.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
This was Fehrety at his finest!!! His mind is always working! I have no doubt this was a "casual reminder" of the snafu of last weekend... politely wrapped in the congratulations this young kid deserved for his first win on the PGA.

It was Feherty that said it?

Oh, then it was definitely intentional.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
I've heard a lot of interviewers say that over the years. I don't think there was any malice intended. Just sort of a "good round, we're letting you get back to business now."
Yeah, I have heard broadcasters say something along those lines many times over the years. Probably a dig at Michelle Wie in the process.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Roger Maltby says that line to everyone he interviews after the round. Too bad he was not there for Wie's round. :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I would have appreciated the reminder as if i would have just own an event, the last thing on my mind would be signing a scorecard...

And a quick jab at michelle doesnt hurt...

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008

If I had the chance, I'd take a quick poke at Michelle too.

(I'm so sorry. I don't know why I do that sometimes.
keep%20normal.gif
Bad Harry, bad!)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I would have appreciated the reminder as if i would have just own an event, the last thing on my mind would be signing a scorecard...

When you get in the habit of playing tournaments, you definately get in the habit of signing score cards, or should. *shrug*

If I had the chance, I'd take a quick poke at Michelle too.

(I'm so sorry. I don't know why I do that sometimes.
keep%20normal.gif
Bad Harry, bad!)

Bad Harry, talkign about her Wie Wie.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
When you get in the habit of playing tournaments, you definately get in the habit of signing score cards, or should. *shrug*

Bad Harry, talkign about her Wie Wie.
Yeah...i have exactly 0.00% experience with tournaments so...its very possible that you should get used to it

How long before Wie poses nude on the interwebs?

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Feherty is the best. A sharp wit, a sharp tongue, and a nose and goatee to match. :)

I was a walking scorer (carrying a sign and changing the numbers after each hole) with a group each day at the 1991 PGA Championship (Daly's first Major) and was with Feherty one day. He was playing then.

Funnier than you can possibly believe. Looking at people in the crowd, poking fun at some of them, hitting on the walking scorer for the group (a lady of about 30 keeping track of GIR, Putts per GIR, fairways hit, etc) and basically having a freaking blast talking and laughing nonstop. In Feherty's defense, the gal was smoking hot.

We're on the tee at a Par 3 on the back 9.... 12 I think, and we had to wait a fair amount of time for the group ahead to clear the green. Behind the tee is someone's property, with a fence, some thick bushes and trees, etc. If you were back there, you would be shielded from view from all the fans at the tourney, even those standing outside the ropes at the tee box.

He asked this lady someting along the lines of "how aboot you and mee go back therrre round behind thee booshes and see what mite hapn'?" She just smiled and brushed him off, with a huge grin on her face. Middle of the 3rd round... and Feherty's doing that.

Classic. Loved him every since.

🔥 Latest posts