• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

..Now In The Bullpen..

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Just got this put together.

Cleveland HiBore XL Tour 8.5* with Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 75-X. Crossline Black grip.

Plays to D-0 I believe. 44.5" long. Tipped 1.5" CPM'd to 268 if I remember correctly.

not a bad combo for less than $100 total.

we'll see if this can't knock my other old hibore out of the bag. I picked it up from the shop and started feeling like sh*t so i didn't get an opportunity to hit it
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
paper is to try and show how open they are. not a great job of photography by me.

3rd picture is of my current hibore/Bimatrx combo.

looking at the two clubs at address, the only difference is the alignment aid and the shafts..

i love my current HiBore, but have heard nothing but great things about the XL, so i'm very anxious to get out and rip into them.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
...your nike makes your face look pretty...:laugh:

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
That makes my Nike look pretty.
I'm not sure about that....I think the scooped crown takes a little getting used to, but it's really not any worse than the crown of a Cobra, and it's certainly better looking than a square with yellow and gray paint all over the place:)

YG - good luck with it - I'm curious to hear how it plays compared to your other on

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
grip and rip!

I like the hi bore, if i wasn't a Nike whore I would choose that club for the way I stroked it... really.

:smilie_cl

A.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Just how open does the clubface sit? If I were to look at it, not know that the face was what? 3* open, would I know it was an open faced driver?

My next question-does the open face lead to alot of shots on the right side of the course? Meaning bad slices/pushes?

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Just how open does the clubface sit? If I were to look at it, not know that the face was what? 3* open, would I know it was an open faced driver?

My next question-does the open face lead to alot of shots on the right side of the course? Meaning bad slices/pushes?

its 3* open. i think you'd be able to tell if you were to just pick it up...at least after having looked at the 2* closed industry standard for most other drivers for awhile.

I don't really have a great 'regular' driver to take pics of for comparison, i found an old top flite cheapie that i've passed on to my dad. not sure if these pics really show the difference or not.

my problem is with losing the ball to the left, so I don't find myself with many pushes. at least thats the case with the older hibore.
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006

In my experience, yes. I had trouble squaring up the tour model. I set up to try to draw it and yanked a lot left as well. Same experience with the TEE tour proto, which was 2* open. I'm personally better off with square to 1* shut.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
In my experience, yes. I had trouble squaring up the tour model. I set up to try to draw it and yanked a lot left as well. Same experience with the TEE tour proto, which was 2* open. I'm personally better off with square to 1* shut.

That's good to know. I guess I can cross the XL tour off my possible list of new drivers. Still kicking myself for seeling the R5 TP....:faintthud

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That's good to know. I guess I can cross the XL tour off my possible list of new drivers. Still kicking myself for seeling the R5 TP....:faintthud

I'd say try the '07 BurnerTP. It sits very square and I found it easy to square up. With the XL tour I had a 73S whiteboard in it as well. So I was fighting the open face as well as very low spin. The only shot that was going to work with that club for me was a wide open power fade swinging out my shoes... so my standard tee shot I guess.
icon10.gif
Funny how I get rid of that club and TEE proto but now wish I could hit them again as I'm switching back to hitting all cuts with driver. QuadTP is fine though, good to know I can draw it if I really want to start working on that again.

Anyway, good thing about the BurnerTP or any TMTP is that any of the TP shafts from any driver fit it and look cool. Plus shafts are made to "play to" the insertion depth of a TM. No considerations of playing stiffer, like with the TEE. That thing had a 70S VS in it that felt like an X compared to the same shaft in a BurnerTP.

Members online

No members online now.