• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

now the putter has gone cold

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Well, other clubs seem to be behaving better, but now my putter has left me. Good God, this game drives me insane. Tee to green is ok, and getting better, but now my putter has got to be as inconsistant as it has ever been. In my round on Saturday, hit a ton(probably like 6 or 7, which is alot for me) of GIR's only to 3 and even 4 jack most of em. I just have lost my 'feel' with my putter. The putter was one of the bright spots since I have come back, but now it has gone. Any tips for getting 'feel' back? I was putting pretty good the other week, but it has died the last 2 weeks. No equipment changes made either on my putter. AUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!:mad::mad:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Reevaluate your Preshot routine and putting ritual to make sure it is identical each time. Usually the only time my putting feels awkward, it is usually because I became so comfortable just prior, then maybe started to not pay attention to every detail to maintain the consistency. Unknowing change something.

One other thing I have a tendency to do if my putting is awkward is to also concentrate on either using, or using more of a forward press just prior. Mainly to assure everything is locked into place on my stroke so I can pay attention to the other details. Works for me at least, but usually just concentrating on details and their consistency is enough. Changing any will cause me to loose feel.

Sometime so simple and stupid as when I set my putter up, for example I have my left hand flat against my hip as a preshot ritual when setting up the clubhead, if it is not it can throw of the entire feel and consistency of my stance in how far I bend over, squaring my eyes, and even rushed timing as it takes a second less to grip the club. Has nothing to do with how I putt the ball, but changing it will lead me to being uncomfortable. It is a key trigger to my entire putting ritual. More or less a subconscious gauge to my entire setup, which if slightly off leads to poor feel. Then break down all the other little rituals to assure they are constant

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.