• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NPR: TV Ratings Are Down; Where Are the Fans Who Missed Sports in Pandemic?

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
I HEARD THE ABOVE NPR REPORT while driving around yesterday. I hadn't given much thought to some aspects of the return of sports.

For example, at this very moment, it seems that every major and minor sport is back in play after taking a long timeout due to the pandemic. That's far from normal.

It's a new kind of competition for our attention. Everything is now available to watch in some format, as the report describes. Plus it's an election year. That's creating a bit of noise, too.

Here's the setup by host Audie Cornish:

Sports has a TV ratings problem. In recent big events - from horse racing, to hockey, to golf, to basketball - numbers are down, sometimes to historic lows, which is surprising because during the shutdown of the pandemic, many fans said they were desperate for their return. NPR's Tom Goldman reports.​

How are you reengaging with televised golf and other sports?

Source: NPR: TV Ratings Are Down; Where Are the Fans Who Missed Sports in Pandemic?

Members online