• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Numerous mini reviews

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sssmokin and I played 18 today at Edgewood Golf Course, Big Bend, Wisconsin. We played the pines and played pretty decent for a couple of 60 year old hackers.

Reviews:

905R Driver

Today I progressed in getting my driver distance from last fall back again thanks to the 905R with the YS-6+ stiff.

A group let sssmokin and I play through. Of course you're teeing off (10th hole) in front of them and usually hit your worst drive of the day.

I just CRUSHED that puppy!! 280 yards straight down the middle. I know that's correct because we had GPS on the cart. Had sssmokin (on that drive) by 30 yards (he hit a nice drive straight down the middle too)! Makes you feel like you "deserve" to play through!! :D

This driver is making a believer out of me. I no longer miss my Rapture.

ProV1x ball

Why have I never played these before (see 905R above)? No one will EVER tell me a premium ball doesn't make a difference. This thing does everything right. I didn't really like the ProV1 all that much but the ProV1x (for me) is like night and day. And NOTICEABLY longer off the tee then any other ball I was using today (Tour Fire, B330, Cally HX Tour etc)...

Nickent Hybrids

Money clubs!! Long par threes or shots into the green? NO PROBLEM. I'm on.

Heavy Putter

This thing must know it's being replaced by the Ping Redwood Anser. I'm dropping everything with it.

Ping G5 Irons

May not look pretty or have "feel" but these things just plain WORK!!

Vokey 56º SM Wedge

Tough lie in the sand? This baby puts you on the green... and "go for the pin"!! It will stop the ball on a dime.

Taylor Made R5 Dual Neutral with Graf Blue stiff

My neighbor Eric (Ejdahl21) got this 9.5º driver from Global Golf (on my recommendation) so we went to the range (before golfing with sssmokin) to see what it does. Very nice driver. And with the Graf Blue we were both putting it out there. Eric was really crushing it and I had no problem with the stiff Blue shaft. Nice combo and he got it for $105!!

sssmokin's "spare" Sasquatch with new V2 65 regular flex

Shaft works nice in that club but sssmokin still hits his "main" SQ with the VS Proto farther. It feels very nice though and is a good driver/shaft combo.

That's it. As you can see I had a great day today except for sssmokin getting me by 2 strokes, 86 to 84. :D

Glad to hear you are happy with your stuff. I've noticed a difference in distance with the 1x as well. Unfortunately in my "2 year supply" the 1's out number the 1x's by 4 to 1. I have to say I'm liking the iron flight I'm getting with the 1's though. Amazing how I can't hit my low shots with the range balls but with the ProV I can hit a 58* 15 ft. off the ground and spin it.

Nice to hear you are passing on GG to your friends as well. They have some great deals.

Good reviews, WBL. Despite all the ribbing you get from us, I hope you know that you're one of the Shottalk favorites.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the game so much...

At your age...:laugh:

Good reviews, WBL. Despite all the ribbing you get from us, I hope you know that you're one of the Shottalk favorites.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the game so much...

At your age...:laugh:
I completly agree with this especially/mainly the last bit :)

Okay you guys.... don't get "soft" on me now! :D

Here's sssmokin's two Sasquatches, both 10.5º and 45" regular flex shafts. One is the VS Proto and the other the V2 65...
IMAG0017.jpg
IMAG0018.jpg

Don't pay any attention to these guys, wbl....

YOU STILL SUCK!!!!

Feel better now?? ;)

Nice reviews, btw....

Is he bagging the V2 or the Proto?

R35

They're both sweet looking clubs...sssmokin, how do you like the grips?

VS Proto is his "gamer". He hits that so sweet.

Those are the GolfPride DD's and are really nice grips. That will be my grip when I need to change... :D

Those grips better feel nice... they are the ugliest fecking things I've ever seen.
icon10.gif

Those grips better feel nice... they are the ugliest fecking things I've ever seen.
icon10.gif

I have to disagree - I think the DD yellow is a perfect visual match for the V2, and the SQ.

Not so sure about the VS Proto...

MCDavis posted: They're both sweet looking clubs...sssmokin, how do you like the grips?
Best grips I've ever had on any driver. I love 'em.
ezra76 posted: Those grips better feel nice... they are the ugliest fecking things I've ever seen.
icon10.gif
You're just jealous...........you know how good they'd look on your driver. :laugh:

Best grips I've ever had on any driver. I love 'em.

Seconded - I have those grips on my SQ460 as well, but loved them so much I had them put on all my hybrids too. When I get a chance I'm getting my irons and wedges regripped with them all too. Perfect mix of traction and softness, for me.

Is he bagging the V2 or the Proto?

R35
I like both the shafts, Rock............but I get more distance with the Proto. But both feel great and both go straight down the middle.........sometimes a little draw..........but never a fade or slice. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520