• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

?? NV65s vs Fit 360S vx NV75S vs NV75XS?

ol-crank

Oct 28, 2006
I just bought a FT-5 driver on ebay that has a FIT 360S shaft, my FT3 has a NV-65S (spec'd by Callaway when I did a swing analysis last year) and I have a NV-75-S and NV75XS shaft that I could use if I changed. My swing speed is about 125 and I hit about 275/285. Both clubs are 9.5* and the FT-3 is draw bias the FT-5 is neutral. Trajectory is fine. ( Pleaase don't ask why I bought the FT-5, I don't know.)
Any suggestions regarding changing the shaft to either of the Aldila shafts?

thanks

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
? so the ft-3 with stiff nv 65 works fine?

if so- put the nv 75 stiff in.. at 45'' length it should be a very steady machine...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hmmm. How do you have 125MPH swing and only hit about 285? Playing under water?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm not trying to put anything past you, but if you're swinging at 125, none of those shafts will work for you. ANd if you're only getting 285 out of 125 SS, you're missing the middle of the face of the club an awful lot.

No worries, just maybe get your swingspeed checked out.

IMO, the E360 is one of the most overrated shafts on the market. It really doesn't deliver unless you have a slow, almost methodical swing.

If you check my history with the NV, you'll see that I hate it with a passion. However, as Ken has touched on, the most solid of the bunch from the NV line is the 75S. It works with a variety of swings and delivers. I play with a guy that took a Matrix out of his Burner TP and went to the NV75S with fantastic results.

Good buy on the FT-5. Being a fellow Callaway guy, I can honestly say that it's a substantial upgrade over the FT-3, which is a great club in it's own right. :)

R35

OP
ol-crank

ol-crank

Oct 28, 2006
you got me on that swing speed, but to be fair

my longest drive this year was 331 (by sky caddy gps) and I usually drive about 275 (carry) so it is likely that my swing speed is less than 125. I was going by what I remembered from last year.
Funny enough I took the club into Golf Town yesterday to have the NV-75-S shaft put on, and will likely try it out on the driving range tomorrow.
BTW, I'm 5'11", 165# and 67 years old, do a lot of MTBing and keep in shape. (have long arms like an ape)
Thanks for the input,
bob

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Bet some of those young flat bellies get their eyes opened when you play them.... Pretty impressive numbers ol-crank. :)

Don't tell me. You're from Canada and used to play hockey... :D

PureStroke

Oct 10, 2008
my longest drive this year was 331 (by sky caddy gps) and I usually drive about 275 (carry) so it is likely that my swing speed is less than 125. I was going by what I remembered from last year.
Funny enough I took the club into Golf Town yesterday to have the NV-75-S shaft put on, and will likely try it out on the driving range tomorrow.
BTW, I'm 5'11", 165# and 67 years old, do a lot of MTBing and keep in shape. (have long arms like an ape)
Thanks for the input,
bob
Wow:wow: 125mph If you do the math right you should average about 310yds off the tee and would require an XX or X stiff shaft or maybe you are swinging out of your shoes. My swing speed is about 109-112mph and I average 291yds off the tee with 13* launch angle and 168mph ball speed. hmmm

OP
ol-crank

ol-crank

Oct 28, 2006
I feel bad because I sound like one of those guys.

Wow:wow: 125mph If you do the math right you should average about 310yds off the tee and would require an XX or X stiff shaft or maybe you are swinging out of your shoes. My swing speed is about 109-112mph and I average 291yds off the tee with 13* launch angle and 168mph ball speed. hmmm

I was wrong for sure about the swing speed and I will stand corrected. As far as the distance, I do hit further than most people I play with, and
always seem to be runner up or third on the long drive contest. I am currently working on my 150 and in game, trying Stack & Tilt type of swing and feel it is coming together. (at least it was tuesday)
Hope to have a chance tomorrow to check out the FT5,

OP
ol-crank

ol-crank

Oct 28, 2006
You know who is from Canada and used to play hockey,

Don't tell me. You're from Canada and used to play hockey... :D

.[/quote]

Mikey Weir of course. I bet he is pretty careful who he plays hockey with now.

golfcycle

Oct 18, 2008
I'm not trying to put anything past you, but if you're swinging at 125, none of those shafts will work for you. ANd if you're only getting 285 out of 125 SS, you're missing the middle of the face of the club an awful lot.

No worries, just maybe get your swingspeed checked out.

IMO, the E360 is one of the most overrated shafts on the market. It really doesn't deliver unless you have a slow, almost methodical swing.

If you check my history with the NV, you'll see that I hate it with a passion. However, as Ken has touched on, the most solid of the bunch from the NV line is the 75S. It works with a variety of swings and delivers. I play with a guy that took a Matrix out of his Burner TP and went to the NV75S with fantastic results.

Good buy on the FT-5. Being a fellow Callaway guy, I can honestly say that it's a substantial upgrade over the FT-3, which is a great club in it's own right. :)

R35

I found the E360 a very boardy shaft. I've always had problems with the NV65. You need a really smooth swing. If I go at it, it goes high right. The NV75, on the other hand is a superb shaft for hitters.

🔥 Latest posts