• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NW200 motorcyclist Robert Dunlop killed

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
One of Northern Ireland's best known motorcyclists has been killed in a high speed crash at the North West 200.

Robert Dunlop, 47, sustained chest injuries after the incident at a practice lap near Portrush in County Antrim on Thursday. He died later.

The North west 200 is a World Famous Road race which occurs in May every year in my town. Hundreds of thousands descend on the area over a week, which culminates in the race day tomorrow.

Some of you will be biking enthusiasts so this is really sad news to share.

BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Dunlop killed in road race crash

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
One of Northern Ireland's best known motorcyclists has been killed in a high speed crash at the North West 200.

Robert Dunlop, 47, sustained chest injuries after the incident at a practice lap near Portrush in County Antrim on Thursday. He died later.

The North west 200 is a World Famous Road race which occurs in May every year in my town. Hundreds of thousands descend on the area over a week, which culminates in the race day tomorrow.

Some of you will be biking enthusiasts so this is really sad news to share.

BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Dunlop killed in road race crash
It's tragic, yes. But anyone that knows this type of racing knows that these guys are out there on a very fine edge, with very little protection. No roll cage, no crumple zones, no 5-point belts. I'm surprised that more people don't die. I feel for his family and his fans, but as the old saying goes - "he died doing what he loved."

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Yeah I hear you. I think these guys are crazy too.

His brother died in a similar crash a few years ago. He was one of the best road racers ever I believe. Joey Dunlop

They were going to cancel tomorrow's race, but his family insisted that it should go ahead.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.