• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NXT Tour

88cupfan

Jan 5, 2009
I've seen a number of negative comments about the Titleist NXT golf balls in many of the post here lately. I'm just wondering if these comments are meant for the NXT only or if the NXT tour is being included in. I haven't played an NXT so I have no comments about the ball but I have played the NXT Tour frequently. I'm a very good ball striker, fly the ball 250 off the tee, hit 9 irons at 145 yards and 6 irons 185. I consistently hit a slight draw and have a smooth tempo. I typically play only tour caliber balls, the best 3 and 4 piece balls of any manufacturer. There is only 1 exception and that is with the NXT Tour. I have found it to play a little longer and little straighter than the softer high end 3 and 4 piece balls and haven't felt like I have given up any degree of spin or feel from 150 yards and in. Now, I know that there are 2 piece balls out there that are longer than the NXT Tour, but overall I think its the best ball out there till you start playing on hard greens. Anyone agree?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Going into my tenth year working on a golf course, it has been a very long time since I've even looked at buying golf balls. Generally speaking I usually play what I find, and I usually find a very mixed bag!! That being said there are balls that I would rather play with and IMO the NXT and NXT Tour balls are both great for the money. Others that I like include; Wilson Staff, Maxfli, Bridgestone and even some Top Flites. My least favorites include; Ultra, the older Nikes and Pinnacles.

I should also mention Pro-V1's in this grouping as well, I personally am not a huge fan of them. They are a great ball, no doubt! But finding them is sure a lot easier than paying out the $$$ for them. I do play them if I find a couple, but I usually give them away. Members will trade almost anything for a sleeve of Pro-V's.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I've seen a number of negative comments about the Titleist NXT golf balls in many of the post here lately. I'm just wondering if these comments are meant for the NXT only or if the NXT tour is being included in. I haven't played an NXT so I have no comments about the ball but I have played the NXT Tour frequently. I'm a very good ball striker, fly the ball 250 off the tee, hit 9 irons at 145 yards and 6 irons 185. I consistently hit a slight draw and have a smooth tempo. I typically play only tour caliber balls, the best 3 and 4 piece balls of any manufacturer. There is only 1 exception and that is with the NXT Tour. I have found it to play a little longer and little straighter than the softer high end 3 and 4 piece balls and haven't felt like I have given up any degree of spin or feel from 150 yards and in. Now, I know that there are 2 piece balls out there that are longer than the NXT Tour, but overall I think its the best ball out there till you start playing on hard greens. Anyone agree?

I picked up 2 dozen for 14$ bucks at Targer. I'm anxious to try them out. I've headr the same bad reviews as yourself and curious to see how they play. Disntance isn't much of a problem with me as my numbers are similar to yours, I just wanna keep that green side touch. Good to hear their working great for you.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I lost significant distance with the NXT Tour over the premium balls that I prefer (Bridgestone B330 or ProV1). I tried it a couple of years ago at the recommendation of a friend, and I did not like it at all (at the time I was mostly playing Titleist ProV1). I thought that the NXT Tour played like a 2 piece ball close in to the green, with little checking action from chips and low pitches.

Just this week I tried another ball which I seem to get the same sort of weak performance from, the Bridgestone B330-RX. Both of these balls just don't seem to work for my game.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
IMO, NXTs are overpriced. You can buy Bridgestone E5+, E6+ or E7+ for less money and they are as good or better than any NXT.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I lost significant distance with the NXT Tour over the premium balls that I prefer (Bridgestone B330 or ProV1). I tried it a couple of years ago at the recommendation of a friend, and I did not like it at all (at the time I was mostly playing Titleist ProV1). I thought that the NXT Tour played like a 2 piece ball close in to the green, with little checking action from chips and low pitches.

Just this week I tried another ball which I seem to get the same sort of weak performance from, the Bridgestone B330-RX. Both of these balls just don't seem to work for my game.

Similar results for me. I never cared for the feel of it in my short game and it seemed short on drives. Oddly I hit the thing pretty low off the driver it seems. Shame since if they were remotely close to a ProV, I'd definitely play them.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
NXT Tour is OK.......its definately not a ProV1 but they do spin pretty good.

NXT Extreme is an overpriced distance ball........no better than a $10 a dozen TopFlite.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
To tell you the truth I thought the regular NXT was better. I traded someone a few dozen tours for NXT's last year. I think it was Doc but can't remember. Another one I liked as much as the NXT but even cheaper were the HVC soft feel's. Those were very good around the greens for me. Best feeling ball I've ever played off the wedges. I was using that ball for a 22 putt, 2 chip-in and a 60yd. hole-out round.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.