• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oakland A's

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
I just noticed that the A's have slipped out of 2nd place in the AL West after going 0-10 in their last 10 games.

Anyone know what happened?

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I can't say exactly what has happened to them, other than I think that this year was meant to be a rebuilding year for them and they started out playing way over there heads. Then they traded a couple of pitchers and it has gone downhill from there (they are now closer to what was expected at the beginning of the season though).

All I can say is I really enjoyed them playing the Blue Jays during this losing streak, as Oakland usually owns them. Nice to get a little revenge :laugh:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Thats what happens when you trade away your top two starting pitchers before the trade deadline. It was inevitable. They will be chasing the Mariners for last place in the West before the year is finished.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Yeah, but the difference is that Oakland got a bunch of prospects, and with Billy Beane's history of scouting, it would not surprise me if in a few years they will be back on top of their division. Seattle on the other hand, im not so sure how they will do.

🔥 Latest posts