• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OFF IT GOES!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm playing so good with the R5 Dual TP with X-flex 75g shaft I just sent the 905R to be re-shafted (sssmokin's clubmaker is an ace) with a stiff V2 75 which should play X-flex in the bore through. I love the 905R so much I have to make it work like the R5 Dual (or better). :D

I'll have a stiff flex GD YS-6+ shaft pulled from it soon for sale (cheap) if anyone is interested.. :D

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
I'm playing so good with the R5 Dual TP with X-flex 75g shaft I just sent the 905R to be re-shafted (sssmokin's clubmaker is an ace) with a stiff V2 75 which should play X-flex in the bore through. I love the 905R so much I have to make it work like the R5 Dual (or better). :D

I'll have a stiff flex GD YS-6+ shaft pulled from it soon for sale (cheap) if anyone is interested.. :D

it's just like tipping it an inch (the bore-through). it wont make it play a full blown X. it'll just be stiffer in the tip section.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm trying to make it as similar as possible to the R5 Dual TP Mitsubishi Rayon 75g X-flex. I'm not sure how to go about this. I wish Lyle, Rock or some of the other experts would "chime in". Ignore whether you think I should or shouldn't swing this flex, just help me make the 905R with a 75g V2 play as close as possible. Please? (I haven't bought the shaft yet). :(

GoodDay

Sep 22, 2006
You love the 905R so much you're trying to alter it to a TaylorMade? And you're a 19 and scored a 79 twice?

No wonder I don't post much. LOL

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I'm trying to make it as similar as possible to the R5 Dual TP Mitsubishi Rayon 75g X-flex. I'm not sure how to go about this. I wish Lyle, Rock or some of the other experts would "chime in". Ignore whether you think I should or shouldn't swing this flex, just help me make the 905R with a 75g V2 play as close as possible. Please? (I haven't bought the shaft yet). :(

i'm thinking the quickest way is to make it play closer to a R5 Dual TP Mitsubishi Rayon 75g X-flex is to actually play a R5 Dual TP Mitsubishi Rayon 75g X-flex....thats how i'd go about it at least....trying to make another club with another shaft play the same as a different club is just ludicrous. those two shafts are nowhere near eachother, and those two heads are different beasts as well.

i think i just got upgraded to expert status. :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
i'm thinking the quickest way is to make it play closer to a R5 Dual TP Mitsubishi Rayon 75g X-flex is to actually play a R5 Dual TP Mitsubishi Rayon 75g X-flex....thats how i'd go about it at least....trying to make another club with another shaft play the same as a different club is just ludicrous. those two shafts are nowhere near eachother, and those two heads are different beasts as well.

i think i just got upgraded to expert status. :)

I'm no expert, but - "what he said".

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Is anyone seriously surprised by this course of action? :laugh:

I think WBL is good for one more driver before the season is through after he sells his 905R with V2 in the classifieds next month.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I think YG and Eracer nailed it. If you're trying to get the 905R to play like the TM then I question how much you really like the 905R.

My suggestion would be to get the V2 shafted 905R dialed in, but keep the TM. If the 905R starts giving you fits then put it in the corner of the garage and pull out the TM. You've established that both of these drivers will work for you so keep them both and just always go with the hot one. Picking up a completely new driver every other week can't be good for your tee game.

The last option would be to get in your "way back" machine and stop yourself from buying whatever driver replaced your Rapture. I mean, that was a club you were raving about well beyond the two week honeymoon period...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
WBL - you bought the R5 to test different shafts - which will tell you exactly one thing: which shaft works best in that particular R5 TP head. You've tested one shaft. Now you're going to put a shaft you didn't test in the R5 into the 905R, which is currently working really well for you. You know I have some closet ho'ness in me, but this makes no logical sense to me - at all.

Why not test five or so shafts in the either the 905R or the R5 before making a move? Were it me, I'd find a head I liked, then experiment with shafts in that head.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You love the 905R so much you're trying to alter it to a TaylorMade? And you're a 19 and scored a 79 twice?

No wonder I don't post much. LOL

GoodDay

I'm a 19? I've scored 79 twice, witnesses are my brother and neighbor. What's your point?

And I don't think it's the shaft as MUCH as it is the flex.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'm a 19? I've scored 79 twice, witnesses are my brother and neighbor. What's your point?

I don't understand his comment either. I'm an 18, and I've shot 80 once, 81 once, and 83 three times. I shot 108 last time out. It's golf, and it's the reason the GHIN works the way it does.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I think I know what he meant. I had my handicap wrong (again). I adjusted it to where I am now (the hacker he assumed I was) and can no longer speak with any knowledge of golf equipment. So I won't try and appear to know anything anymore.... :D

Like hell I won't... :real angry:

GoodDay, you're kind of a "mystery man". No signature showing what's in the bag, location, handicap, age, anything. Is there a purpose for that? :D :D

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Heres how I see things happening.
WBL gets a new shaft for his 905R and is very happy with it.
Out of curiosity he puts a new one in the R5tp and loves this more plays the R5tp for a week.
Buys the same shaft for the 905R and loves it.
Reshafts the R5tp ,well theres no point having two clubs with the same shaft is there :).
This process will repeat until the men in white coats take him away :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts