• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Off of a rock, and right in the jewels.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
It comes with no great pride to admit this on here, but the man I am I will fess up.

I was playing a shot this evening over a pile of rocks on a par 3. Took a LW to flop it over the rocks and bladed the damn thing. You can only guess where it caught me.

2 hours later and I am still sore. I had to skip the next hole for lack of wanting to get out of the cart and because of profuse sweat. I have never felt that kind of pain that went on forever.

If you have ever felt that pain, pray to God it never comes from a golf ball.

I am just happy no one captured it on film. So this would classify as one of my most memorable, painful and embarrassing golf experiences.

Top that. I need some ice a drink and Ibuprofen.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Too bad nobody caught that on film! you would of won a 100,000 dollars on americas funniest home videos! That had to be hilarious, oh yea hope you feel better. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Jayhawk... If this is a thread about balls and how they react after being struck, shouldn't Sling redirect it to the Equipment Forum?????:laugh::laugh:

In younger days, a Wildcat fan might show some surprise that a Jayhawk even has ....... :):):) Naw!!!! That's reaching waaaay too low!

Honestly, I really feel for you. Hope everything is okay!! Use plenty of ice and make sure the swelling does subside. Don't take an injury like that too lightly. If the pain persists, please seek medical attention. Hope you're back to 100% soon and can laugh at yourself as we have laughed at you!!!!!

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Pure freaking gold man. I can guarentee you this, your playing partners will never ever forget this.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Lol. Try it with a tree and 5Wood and then tell me something...
icon10.gif
My dad still brings this up every time I hit out from around a tree(s). I actually got lucky and it missed the actual scrobag by about 2 centimeters.

Shea_Butler

Aug 31, 2006
lol i watched my dads league friend do this with a tree, and a punch shot... so im sure it didnt hurt AS bad but his face was red lemme tell ya :laugh:

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Well, about 4 hours after the fact the pain is starting to subside a little bit. Although my pride is still in misery.

Fortunately I wasn't playing with my wife at the time. Although I was playing with a couple that we play with regularly so it is likely he!! to pay for the rest of the year. He happened to see it and simply asked if it hit were he thought it did. As I leaned over to pick up my ball, which ended up about 3 inches from where it started out, I told him yes.

He actually told me he knew how it felt and told me he still remembers similar experiences from being a catcher in baseball. I did break the news to my wife, who didn't seem to shocked. :laugh: Probably just happy she wouldn't have to wait on me hand and foot like the last injury.

I think I will forever name this hole "The hole from he!!", as it was the same hole I fell down the rocks and hurt my back and damaged my putter on last year.

I only wish that this year would have only been at the expense of my pride.

... and limpalong, as for those Jayhawks the do have balls and as is the case after an experience like this, they are a little bigger than I would like. :D :laugh:

Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.