• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Off the Wagon...nearly made it 48hrs!!!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I played with a real Hacker today....He had some old Hogan POS irons that had lead tape all over them and had all been cut to the same length & bent all over the place???? He rekons they improve his ballstriking? Anyway after the round we had a quick drink and the PGA at Wentworth was on the TV in the bar. We were talking about Olazabal and how much offset he has on his irons and how good ball strikers like a lot of offset so they can rip into the ball.

I got home and logged onto the Bay to leave feedback for the TM R7460 TP, Mizzy MP600 & Scotty Bullseye Blade I had recieved the the day before. I just did a search out of bordem for a set of Titty 804.OS. Forged irons with lots of offset, a set came up locally to me ending in 10 mins I made a bid of £81.75 and blow me I won them!!! I don't really want them and was only making a cheeky bid but at least I have a backup set of irons now. They are in minty fresh 9.5/10 condition..... I wonder if the fool with the Hogans needs some irons the PROPER length & lies??? :)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lol, I think I also told you Olazabal strikes his irons off the heel, well into the heel in fact, he smashes low fizzing fades and uses offset to allow him to do it. I can't remember suggesting you go into Ebay for some duffer sticks to emulate him;)

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I knew right away that you were talking about either dave. or me. And since I didn't play golf today, it had to be dave.

How bad did he beat you?

LOL, He was playing a real golfer, the boy had no chance!!!
'Finished All Square'

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
We halved, I steamed a 6 iron on the last to 6ft and it lipped out

Conditions were a harsh, quite breezy and greens playing like concrete, we both shot 80/81 with a couple of lost balls.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
When I say 'concrete', I mean concrete. Its not rained over here for 4 weeks, apart from one 2hr drizzle.

I started slowly, 8 over first nine then one over back. Front nine was 4 pulls into jungle,one lost ball. (swing not club) Paul was the other way round, he was hitting huge bombs front nine (and I mean huge, off a tee 3inches high at least) and then his driver went off. (Geek nailed him once and was up with him 3 times, but he did hit some steely heelies). And it was breezy, I carried a green by by 20 yards into the trees once. Paul had a new driver, new putter and wedge and used them well, it takes me ages to settle into clubs, particularly putters.

Watching the PGA yesterday made me feel better, they couldn't hit fairways or greens, I don't think I've ever seen pros play as bad or struggle as much.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Bastard...Fell of the wagon again!!!

Just ho'd a Ping eye 2 Copper 1 iron. I enjoyed hitting my two iron a lot today and if the wind keeps blowing as it has the last month or so I may well play 1, 2 & 3 iron. The Bafflers suffer into the wind so just kept the #3 in the bag today (and didn't even use it or my 3 wood).

Ho'd a MacTec Tour 8 degree with X stiff speeder for £50 inc postage as well. Just want to see if it brings my ball flight down a little if not, I can always move it on ;)

Got my eye on a Tour issue cobra SW wedge & a few putters so still no end tin sight to the hoing. Got ALOT of stock to sell though!!!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
LOl, you know how to punch a baffler, stop ****ing about with long irons!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.