• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official 2014 Open Championship discussion thread

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
For you Tiger fans.

ESPN to Offer Tiger Woods-Only Broadcast During British Open

ESPN to Offer Tiger Woods-Only Broadcast During British Open | Hot Links

"The return of the British Open to Royal Liverpool marks Tiger Woods’ return to major competition — an occasion duly noted by ESPN.
As part of its coverage of the event, ESPN3 will offer a live feed following Woods for the entirety of every round he plays.
Woods has yet to compete in a major this season, having missed the Masters and the U.S. Open due to back surgery (and TV ratings have sagged during his absence). But he’s returning to a site of happy memories. In 2006, the last time Royal Liverpool hosted the Open, Tiger collected his 11th major title, shooting a four-round total of 18-under par, and hitting all but one green in regulation on Sunday.
In addition to its live Tiger feed, ESPN will offer more than 65 total hours of television coverage of the Open, including live coverage of all four rounds July 17-20. According to the network, ESPN and WatchESPN will carry 11 scheduled hours of live play for the first two rounds starting Thursday at 4 a.m. Eastern. For Saturday’s third round coverage will begin at 7 a.m. and the final round on Sunday will start at 6 a.m."

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
249.gif

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Rors, Leishman and Furyk all looking in good touch on this course.
Sergio also playing it very well.
Gonna try and stay up to watch the group of Bubba, Phil and Ernie. That should provide some entertainment hopefully.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ooooooosssstttt!!!!
Birdy on the first!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Have had Spieth as one of my pickes on every tourney this year. He's been playing like crap, so I did not take him for The Open. In the "picks" thread, I talked about wanting to take Rickie Fowler but couldn't bring myself to make room for him in my 4 picks. Turn it on at 4:30 this morning and who is on the first page of the leaderboard?? Fowler and Spieth!! $%^&*

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Tiger not able to find his groove so far.
Coming up short on quite a few iron shots.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Have had Spieth as one of my pickes on every tourney this year. He's been playing like crap, so I did not take him for The Open. In the "picks" thread, I talked about wanting to take Rickie Fowler but couldn't bring myself to make room for him in my 4 picks. Turn it on at 4:30 this morning and who is on the first page of the leaderboard?? Fowler and Spieth!! $%^&*
Round one, homie.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Ernie Els 3 putts after hitting a spectator in the face with his opening drive. Poor Ernie was a bit shaken & stirred by the time he got to the putting green.

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Ernie Els 3 putts after hitting a spectator in the face with his opening drive. Poor Ernie was a bit shaken & stirred by the time he got to the putting green.

I picked Ernie ... :(

🔥 Latest posts