• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official 2014 US Open discussion thread

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Tea, shouldn't ties get the same # of points?
Nope.
Same ol' rules:

A note about scoring and any ties....
Scoring is calculated form the leaderboard on the PGA Tour website. I count ONLY the first 10 positions. In other words, if there are 3 people tied for 3rd they are counted as 3rd, 4th and 5th place. I hope that is perfectly clear...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I read that before I asked, but I took it to mean that you only counted the top 10 for points. Didn't take it to mean that the guys tied for second would get a different number of points. You follow what I'm asking?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I read that before I asked, but I took it to mean that you only counted the top 10 for points. Didn't take it to mean that the guys tied for second would get a different number of points. You follow what I'm asking?
I think we had some discussion about this last time. It's not a perfect scoring system, but it's easy and there's no dispute when it comes to points.
Top ten listed on the PGA website = 10 to 1 points in that order.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Yeah, I edited that post to clarify for everyone because after I read it I realized that TOP ten listed can be read differently than FIRST ten listed. "First ten" makes more sense to me.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Yeah, I edited that post to clarify for everyone because after I read it I realized that TOP ten listed can be read differently than FIRST ten listed. "First ten" makes more sense to me.
Yep, I can see that.

Members online