• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official: 2023 PGA Championship Challenge

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Watched some of today's round. Loved seeing the "big boys" having to play in conditions less than perfect. Reminds one of some of the Open Championships we've seen over the years. Wet thick rough. Wet packed sand. Heavy air where it was difficult to gauge how far balls would go.
Only began watching when it went to CBS. Guess there were some unbleeped "interesting" words when it was not on network television.

Supposed to be better weather for the final round tomorrow. I got everything mowed and trimmed this morning. Plan on trying to watch when back from playing in the morning. No golf this morning due to a tournament at the course. Yesterday, six of us split 3 vs. 3. Was back home at 9:45 a.m. after playing 18 holes.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Much better weather today. Some guys have gone low early, but were too far back to truely contend.

Right now, it’s last group’s show. Barring some epic collapse, should be one of those two hoisting the cup this evening.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Koepka, Hovland, and DeChambeau are all LIV, aren't they. Wonder if the PGA Championship 2024 will allow LIV.

Great to see the club pro from California doing well. Got off to a rough start, this morning, but what an experience to even be on the leaderboard at a major. Seems like he's just having fun being there and enjoying himself.

Lately, on a scale of 1 to 5, my putting skills have been -10!!! :<( Can't imagine putting some of these greens.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Block.

Hole In one on 15.

Amazing up and down on 18 to stay in the top 15.

Auto qualifies for next year’s PGA.

What a story for a club pro.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Brooks for the W.

Bryson one of the first to congratulate him. Times have changed.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The Michael Block story will be around a while. Club pro gives lessons @$150/hour. Gets an ace at the PGA. Ties for 15th which is an automatic invite back to the 2024 PGA.
The crowd was behind him. More energy for him than any of the "professionals" in the field.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Well well well... several stories emerged this week.

1) Holy guacamole Michael Block! If you weren't weeping during his interview, you aren't human. The greatest story to come from this tournament in memory. The ace sealed his fate as one of the greatest Cinderella stories in golf history.
2) LIV guys getting booed. Gotta admit it made me chuckle.
3) Hovland plugging that ball in the face of the bunker was the kill shot. That one swing lost him the Wanamaker.

Now, on to the results!

Two players picked some guy named Koepka. Limpalong and UALTim. So they qualified for the playoff. In the end, it was LIMPALONG who chose a more solid lineup. Congrats, roundbelly!

Final results (total points) :
Limp
130​
TEA
138​
WBL
142​
UALTim
145​
Sssmokin
206​
IG
206​

Limp, DM me your address and you'll soon receive a ST coffee cup, courtesy of Sssmokin.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Koepka, Hovland, and DeChambeau are all LIV, aren't they. Wonder if the PGA Championship 2024 will allow LIV.

Great to see the club pro from California doing well. Got off to a rough start, this morning, but what an experience to even be on the leaderboard at a major. Seems like he's just having fun being there and enjoying himself.

Lately, on a scale of 1 to 5, my putting skills have been -10!!! :<( Can't imagine putting some of these greens.
Hovland is not LIV.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Winning against such a fantastic group of challengers chumps is all the reward I need! Even though the bar was high couldn't be lower, it made my day!

I already have one ShotTalk cup. Save this one for the next winner! I have every faith the next winner will be much more less deserving than I am!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
He also got two sponsor exemptions, next week at the Charles Schwab Challenge and also the Canadian Open.
He is the flavor of the moment. Everyone is interviewing him. Social media has him plastered all over the place. Saw at WITB on him. Saw a commercial he was the star of like 10 years ago for the club he works at.

Probably a good time to up his sponsorship rates.

fawadalam4514

Aug 9, 2023
Country
Pakistan Pakistan
"Exciting challenge ahead! Time to put our golf knowledge to the test. Choosing the perfect lineup of 4 golfers for the PGA Championship adds an extra layer of anticipation to the tournament. The unique scoring system and playoff dynamics make this challenge even more intriguing. Remember, it's not just about picking winners, but also strategizing for those valuable points. Let the friendly competition begin! Wishing all participants the best of luck, and may the lowest point total prevail. ⛳🏆 #PGAChampionshipChallenge"

🔥 Latest posts