• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official MMA thread

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I think it's not more popular because of the pay wall that hinders exposure. If ESPN would show more free fights, I think the sport would really grow. As it stands, you not only have to subscribe to espn+ but you also have to pay the ridiculous PPV cost for the big events.

Regardless, it seems this thread will die from lack of interest. Which is no surprise, after all, this is a website for golf discussion.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I've literally never watched an MMA event, just no interest. I agree with your last post about exposure.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I think it's not more popular because of the pay wall that hinders exposure. If ESPN would show more free fights, I think the sport would really grow. As it stands, you not only have to subscribe to espn+ but you also have to pay the ridiculous PPV cost for the big events.

Regardless, it seems this thread will die from lack of interest. Which is no surprise, after all, this is a website for golf discussion.
Used to be big into MMA. Had a group of friends that would all chip in for the big events. As we've all moved, sadly that tradition has died. Honestly not sure at this point who all the champs are. Used to be able to rattle them off at any given time.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I'll watch some of the preliminary stuff they show on FOX Sports but I won't pay for it. It's entertaining but I couldn't tell you who any of the fighters are.

🔥 Latest posts